NKY/Cincy Hidden Gem Restaurants

UKMustangFan

Have tried Bayou Fish House. Not as good as Alabama Fish Bar. I'll have to disagree with that but tastes vary. I think you cannot beat the actual FISH at Alabama. Now, they lose on atmosphere (carry out only), not really any sides (fries and the aforementioned onions and peppers only) and it's not really that cheap $8.99 but you get a lot of fish and its thick, large pieces. The waiting "area" is tiny. All that being said, it's worth a try for those who haven't yet.

Camp Washington Chili is bland. It's just not as premium as Dixie.

Now, I choose chili over most lunches so it's not like I swore the place off, but it's very overrated. Something about the pasta too, it all just seems cheaper grade. Johnny Johnson would charge you to go to the bathroom if he could.

• 2 weeks later...
Guy at work was telling about a place in Covington. Kung Food Chu's Amerasia. Has anyone eaten there?

Yes...it's GREAT. It's located almost directly across the street from Riverside Korean, and it's a couple doors down from Eggleston-Maynard. It doesn't look like much from the outside, but the food is fantastic.

Yes...it's GREAT. It's located almost directly across the street from Riverside Korean, and it's a couple doors down from Eggleston-Maynard. It doesn't look like much from the outside, but the food is fantastic.

Thanks, hope to get there tomorrow evening.

I know its probably already been mentioned in this thread but my wife and I visited the Bellevue Bistro yesterday and I had their Shrimp Roll which is saute'd Shrimp on a Ciabatta sandwich with a cream cheese spread and it was fabulous. The wife had a Turkey/Cranberry wrap and I have had that before as well, excellent. Great Breakfast hot plates, several eclectic choices on the menu. I highly recommend this place if you are looking for excellent food in a small quaint coffeehouse setting.

It is located right in the smack dab middle of Bellevue along route 8. You wont be disappointed.

I know its probably already been mentioned in this thread but my wife and I visited the Bellevue Bistro yesterday and I had their Shrimp Roll which is saute'd Shrimp on a Ciabatta sandwich with a cream cheese spread and it was fabulous. The wife had a Turkey/Cranberry wrap and I have had that before as well, excellent. Great Breakfast hot plates, several eclectic choices on the menu. I highly recommend this place if you are looking for excellent food in a small quaint coffeehouse setting.

It is located right in the smack dab middle of Bellevue along route 8. You wont be disappointed.

Had breakfast there a while ago. Just remember it being crowded, and really warm. haven't returned. Maybe just a bad day for them.

Had breakfast there a while ago. Just remember it being crowded, and really warm. haven't returned. Maybe just a bad day for them.

Best time to go is during the week obviously as weekends are very crowded. Saturdays over Sundays as church crowds flock on the holy day. Give it another shot man, you will like the breakfast hotplates. With the weather getting warmer, you can sit out front as well.