St. Lucie Co., FL Voter Turnout 158%

The Misprinted Ballots should have been detected by the County Clerk before the election and re-printed , That is who is at fault .

Down here each county has it's own supervisor of elections, a political office, and it is that office that is responsible to check the ballots. I know here in Hillsborough County, the supervisor of elections office was up for election this year and the incumbent was not running for reelection. Wonder if the same is true for Palm Beach County.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More (many) zero Romney vote precincts - Cleveland and Philly.

Romney earned zero votes in some urban precincts - CBS News

Nobody vote for Romney? Even in error? Thousands and thousands voted and not one hit the wrong button or filled in the wrong box? Sounds like perfection to the order of 7 or 8 sigma....

Or the 47% became the 100%. Aren't Cleveland and Philly homes to some of the worst voter suppression this year?

Or the 47% became the 100%. Aren't Cleveland and Philly homes to some of the worst voter suppression this year?

Be careful with those math problems....we know how you are with math! :D

But your comment about voter suppression, even the most extreme voter suppression, is relevant. Because even with an enforcer at the door with the a billy club chasing away every voter from a certain party or anyone who had the intent of voting a certain way. The remaining voters would have to be completely error free in their voting. No errors or mistakes at all. Not one. Purely statistically, that is almost impossible with something as humanly frail as voting. An elderly person did not get confused and hit the wrong button? Someone with glasses or cheaters did not forget them and hit the wrong button or fill in the wrong box on a paper ballot? Not one?

As much as the 'every vote counts' manta is kicked about the fact is there is a certain amount of invalid, human or mechanical induced error in the system. Especially over 100,000s of thousands if not millions of votes. To have results this 'pure' is certainly a statistical oddity at best.

We used the Harp E-scan machine exclusively in the Southgate precinct that I worked at . Had no one vote on the E-Slate machine . We had 7 spoiled ballots where people overvoted a race ie. vote for 3 they voted for 4 . 6 people received a new ballot the 7th refused to vote again ,his loss . We had maybe 6-10 instances where the machine spit the ballot out and had an error message that the ballot didn't scan properly .We had the voter re-insert the ballot and the second time it was read properly .
We had the choice of voting on a paper ballot that had to be scanned or voting on the electronic machine we have been voting on for years. My wife and I both chose the electronic machine because it was quicker and easier in our opinion. Are you saying voters in your district had the same choice and only 1 person used the machine? If so, why?

We had the choice of voting on a paper ballot that had to be scanned or voting on the electronic machine we have been voting on for years. My wife and I both chose the electronic machine because it was quicker and easier in our opinion. Are you saying voters in your district had the same choice and only 1 person used the machine? If so, why?
Im saying that no one asked to use the Electronic E-Slate machine ,Which in my opinion is a lot slower that the E-Scan machine . All 400+ voters in my precinct used the E- scan which has a paper trail if the ballots have to be recounted . We even had a few (3) people come into the polling place in wheelchairs and asked if they wanted to use the e-slate machine which is designed fo easy handicapped acess and even those people chose to vote on the E-scan

The E-Slate hasn't been in use in Kentucky for that long maybe since 2004 .

Be careful with those math problems....we know how you are with math! :D

But your comment about voter suppression, even the most extreme voter suppression, is relevant. Because even with an enforcer at the door with the a billy club chasing away every voter from a certain party or anyone who had the intent of voting a certain way. The remaining voters would have to be completely error free in their voting. No errors or mistakes at all. Not one. Purely statistically, that is almost impossible with something as humanly frail as voting. An elderly person did not get confused and hit the wrong button? Someone with glasses or cheaters did not forget them and hit the wrong button or fill in the wrong box on a paper ballot? Not one?

As much as the 'every vote counts' manta is kicked about the fact is there is a certain amount of invalid, human or mechanical induced error in the system. Especially over 100,000s of thousands if not millions of votes. To have results this 'pure' is certainly a statistical oddity at best.

I'd like to see the guy from fivethirtyeight.com analyze this statistical anomally and make a prediction on the likely hood of this happening.

According to Townhall.com and related links St. Lucie Co. has a voter turnout of 158.85%. It is part of the district that Allen West represents. Has anyone else read or heard anything about this situation?

And they say that people don't care enugh to get out and vote. Malarkey, I say.