St. Lucie Co., FL Voter Turnout 158%

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep....and there was a precinct in Palm Beach County where none of Wests votes were counted due to mis-printed ballots that had the boxes misaligned to be read by the scanner.

Its is scary that something like mis-printed ballots would not be detected by a vote machine scanner.

BTW...in Cleveland. There were 21 precints were Romney got 0 (zero) votes!

Yep....and there was a precinct in Palm Beach County where none of Wests votes were counted due to mis-printed ballots that had the boxes misaligned to be read by the scanner.

Its is scary that something like mis-printed ballots would not be detected by a vote machine scanner.

BTW...in Cleveland. There were 21 precints were Romney got 0 (zero) votes!

The Misprinted Ballots should have been detected by the County Clerk before the election and re-printed , That is who is at fault .

According to Townhall.com and related links St. Lucie Co. has a voter turnout of 158.85%. It is part of the district that Allen West represents. Has anyone else read or heard anything about this situation?
So even with the supposed overvote West still couldn't win

The Misprinted Ballots should have been detected by the County Clerk before the election and re-printed , That is who is at fault .

The machines should also be able to pick this up and reject ballots that do not conform. I assume these were like the machines used statewide here. But it seems even they have issues.

The Harp machines used in Ky just scan the boxes marked not wether the ballots are printed correctly .Again that is the responsibility of the county clerks office , they are in charge of the election . As they say ( They? ) garbage in , garbage out .

The machines should also be able to pick this up and reject ballots that do not conform. I assume these were like the machines used statewide here. But it seems even they have issues.

We used the Harp E-scan machine exclusively in the Southgate precinct that I worked at . Had no one vote on the E-Slate machine . We had 7 spoiled ballots where people overvoted a race ie. vote for 3 they voted for 4 . 6 people received a new ballot the 7th refused to vote again ,his loss . We had maybe 6-10 instances where the machine spit the ballot out and had an error message that the ballot didn't scan properly .We had the voter re-insert the ballot and the second time it was read properly .

We used the Harp E-scan machine exclusively in the Southgate precinct that I worked at . Had no one vote on the E-Slate machine . We had 7 spoiled ballots where people overvoted a race ie. vote for 3 they voted for 4 . 6 people received a new ballot the 7th refused to vote again ,his loss . We had maybe 6-10 instances where the machine spit the ballot out and had an error message that the ballot didn't scan properly .We had the voter re-insert the ballot and the second time it was read properly .

I like the machines. Would hope they would be able to detect a printed page problems. Electronic count with paper backup IS the way to go. Anything purely electronic is easily susceptible to fraud.