Highland Heights man shot and killed by his girlfriend

Qryche11

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Correct me if I'm wrong...but once he was shot the first time, doesn't the "it was self defense" argument go out the window?

I don't see how. I can say with all honesty, if I have to use my weapon in self defense, I'll make sure that I leave no doubt. With that said, I'm terribly sorry for this incident and for the loss. I hope that the evidence is crystal clear with regard to the facts of the case.

I don't see how. I can say with all honesty, if I have to use my weapon in self defense, I'll make sure that I leave no doubt. With that said, I'm terribly sorry for this incident and for the loss. I hope that the evidence is crystal clear with regard to the facts of the case.

I appreciate it, doc.

I guess I should have qualified a little. He was shot in the head. She told the police that she shot him in the face and he dropped right away and his body started to convulse on the floor...so she shot him again to "put him out of his misery". I'm just questioning how mercy killing - especially when admitted as such by the perpetrator - is considered self defense.

I appreciate it, doc.

I guess I should have qualified a little. He was shot in the head. She told the police that she shot him in the face and he dropped right away and his body started to convulse on the floor...so she shot him again to "put him out of his misery". I'm just questioning how mercy killing - especially when admitted as such by the perpetrator - is considered self defense.

Wow. That's a whole different deal. I can't imagine a jury of her peers finding that too "merciful".

I appreciate it, doc.

Wow. That's a whole different deal. I can't imagine a jury of her peers finding that too "merciful".

Ya if that's actually what was said then I don't see any way for them to try to get a defense stance to work. I doubt it would be murder one but probably second degree murder. Have they announced what she's being charged with at this point? Has she even been arraigned yet?

Ya if that's actually what was said then I don't see any way for them to try to get a defense stance to work. I doubt it would be murder one but probably second degree murder. Have they announced what she's being charged with at this point? Has she even been arraigned yet?

She officially was arraigned on murder charges. The judge initially put her in jail with $2 million bond. Then at a following hearing, a visiting judge (covering for the other judge while on scheduled time off) lowered the bond to $1 million. The original judge returned, was frustrated by the fact that the visiting judge had reduced the bond (she had specifically given instruction not to do so), so she raised it up to $5 million. Also, I was mistaken when I stated that Hubers was being represented by attorney Rachel Nugent - her defense attorney is Wil Zevely, partner at a well known NKY law firm.

As for the statement about self defense: 'Her only crime is bad taste in men': Woman, 21, claims she shot dead her lawyer boyfriend in self-defense | Mail Online

She officially was arraigned on murder charges. The judge initially put her in jail with $2 million bond. Then at a following hearing, a visiting judge (covering for the other judge while on scheduled time off) lowered the bond to $1 million. The original judge returned, was frustrated by the fact that the visiting judge had reduced the bond (she had specifically given instruction not to do so), so she raised it up to $5 million. Also, I was mistaken when I stated that Hubers was being represented by attorney Rachel Nugent - her defense attorney is Wil Zevely, partner at a well known NKY law firm.

As for the statement about self defense: 'Her only crime is bad taste in men': Woman, 21, claims she shot dead her lawyer boyfriend in self-defense | Mail Online

BFZ Law Firm, I'm familiar with them but not sure how she's affording it.

Karen Thomas was/is a professor of sorts at Chase College of Law. She may have known Poston. Makes sense to why she was so enraged by her instructions not being followed. Additionally, if Rachel Nugent reads this, that line is the most asinine thing that I've ever read. There is no place for that. Trying to win in the press is one thing, but that statement sounds crass and arrogant. If anything, it was detrimental to her client.

I don't know CWB from a hole in the ground ... but I have a hard time understanding why anyone would not give more weight to his insight.

After reading as many articles as I could find about this ... there was never one person who had anything bad to say about the deceased (even HER friends).

If she can bring proof to the table .... I am all ears. Until that point--there is a young man who is dead (after a shot to the head--and then ... many more shots to put the young man out of his misery). Freaking horrible.

Stories like this are the foundation of bull for stories like the "former Dixie teacher" who was able to avoid jail time simply because she is female.

Men have rights too ... and it is time that people fight for what is RIGHT .. and it is time that people are judged equally regardless of gender, race, etc.

CWB ... I hope you find peace.

• 2 years later...