Highland Heights man shot and killed by his girlfriend

Qryche11

After a hearing in June postponed any further motions to August, Shayna Hubers will be back in the Campbell County courthouse in about an hour for a hearing about a new trial after if was discovered that one of the jurors in her original murder conviction case was a convicted felon.

I'm going with NO on this one. I don't see Campbell County viewing this as an issue that would have precluded her getting a fair trial.

If they do grant her a new trial, I hope to get someone to publish the costs associated with it so we know exactly how much Campbell County money to extract from her commissary account each month of the next 40 years.....

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going with NO on this one. I don't see Campbell County viewing this as an issue that would have precluded her getting a fair trial.

If they do grant her a new trial, I hope to get someone to publish the costs associated with it so we know exactly how much Campbell County money to extract from her commissary account each month of the next 40 years.....

How about we take that money away from the idiot who couldn't screen jury members correctly to make sure none were felons.

How about we take that money away from the idiot who couldn't screen jury members correctly to make sure none were felons.

Do we know who the prosecutor on this case was ?

It certainly wouldn't surprise me that the elected and appointed officials in the Campbell County judicial system weren't on top of their game.

Most have trouble not getting their lunch on their shirt on a day to day basis, yet have the ability to put a person's life in their hands with no obvious qualification other than law school and passing the bar....

She will probably get a new trial and it will end up the same, just cost taxpayers twice the money. We know she's going to bunk with Amy Bosley anyway so why delay and go to the extra expense ?

The bigger problem is that we have issue with a person on the jury who has a felony conviction and somehow think that should preclude one from serving on a jury. Once again, the State of Kentucky being incredibly harsh on someone who has paid their debt to society and want to continue with the FELON label forever.

Does the jury member have any liability to admit to the prior felon charges? Not sure of the process to see if they have to fill out a form or how they get eliminated based upon the felony. Any one know the answer?

Shouldn't the defense bear some of the responsibility? They get a chance to vet and deny jurors. I don't believe this will be allowed. Otherwise a defense attorney who knows about a juror eligibility issue should just keep his mouth shut until he sees the outcome of the trial. Then if he loses, he raises the issue.

Does the jury member have any liability to admit to the prior felon charges? Not sure of the process to see if they have to fill out a form or how they get eliminated based upon the felony. Any one know the answer?

They have to fill out a questionnaire and he marked no on felony. The felony charge came from a problem with childcare payments that were late and he did not know it was a felony. I think that is what was on the 6 o'clock news.

I can't see how being a felon would impact one's ability to be a juror.

However, the rule is the rule whether it makes sense or not.

If the judge can simply say "ehh, it didn't impact the trial" then we don't really have a rule. I'm curious as to how a judge has any leeway on this.

They have to fill out a questionnaire and he marked no on felony. The felony charge came from a problem with childcare payments that were late and he did not know it was a felony. I think that is what was on the 6 o'clock news.

So the dude is a felon and has no clue? Does he vote, own a gun? What other rights are given up as a felon?

One of the defense attorneys in this case also represented the juror on the child support issue. She said she did not realize that he had been her client until after the trial was over. Riiiiiiiggggghhhhttttt.

I think Deanna Dennison the attorney is trying to put one over on everybody