Signs of getting older....

themayor

I'm the same age and have been told the same thing by my doctor, however I just can't seem to "pull the trigger" to get them. I have to drop them down on my nose and look over the top of them to read and when I'm at church I simply take them off when following the readings. I feel your pain.

Believe me, you'll get to the point where you have to hold the menu to your nose with your glasses off or put in on the table and stand up to read it with your glasses on. :D

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is sad but true.

The wife went out to Wal-Mart at 8:00 to get a few things (daughter is coming home tomorrow evening). When she got back an hour later, I was sound asleep.

I'm worried about staying awake to watch the whole UK game tonight! Probably not gonna happen!

• 2 months later...

For my fellow Northern Kentucky area posters....

Just overheard a college intern who works in my building talking about her graduation from UC today. She said that Nick Clooney is the guest speaker. She quickly followed up by saying that she has no idea who that is.

That made me feel old!!!

• 1 year later...

This just happened to me for the umpteenth time, and I'm only 35-years-old (or 6, depending on how you count it).

Anyway, go to Wal-Mart, pay for my 3 or 4 items, take the receipt & then promptly walk out of the store carrying a receipt but forgetting the items I just purchased. Unbelievable.

This just happened to me for the umpteenth time, and I'm only 35-years-old (or 6, depending on how you count it).

Anyway, go to Wal-Mart, pay for my 3 or 4 items, take the receipt & then promptly walk out of the store carrying a receipt but forgetting the items I just purchased. Unbelievable.

Haha I almost did that today at the movies bought a water and some candy. Started to walk away, went to open my candy and realized I wasn't holding the candy. You've got about half a decade on me, maybe that's why I only forgot half of what I purchased.

Done that before. I also go there for one thing and buy 10 things but not what I went for.

My kids are going to take my car keys from me. I see it coming. I am taking them out to eat with the grandkiddies in the car. I stop at the red light somewhere in Covington, look both ways and start to take off, then they start yelling at me to stop. They pretty much lecture me all the way to dinner. I can only imagine how many times I do this by myself and don't even know it.

My kids are going to take my car keys from me. I see it coming. I am taking them out to eat with the grandkiddies in the car. I stop at the red light somewhere in Covington, look both ways and start to take off, then they start yelling at me to stop. They pretty much lecture me all the way to dinner. I can only imagine how many times I do this by myself and don't even know it.

What did you do wrong?

What did you do wrong?

Probably shouldn't go straight through. lol I also proceeded to start to go the wrong way down a one way street in downtown Cincy. I thought they were never gonna let me pick up the grandkids again. You know it was just a bad day.