Signs of getting older....

themayor

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 50's hit me hard. Hair starting thinning, ( didn't have to worry about turning grey, I have had white hair since my 30's), graduated from "cheeters" to Dr prescribed glasses, monthly visits to the dentist and spent a fortune. Now that I am in my 60's, forgetting where I put things and telling things over and over again seem to be the norm ...but it could be worse..... I will take what I have and try and enjoy every minute of it.

At 46, I finally (after over 5 years of being told to do so by my doctor) broke down and got bifocals. It just became too difficult to keep taking my glasses off and putting them back on in meetings.

I often walk into a room full of purpose, only to find myself minutes later standing there with no idea why I came in there.

I often will completely lose my train of thought and totally forget what I was talking about, mid conversation.

Or...the WORST...pulling up google, and forgetting what I wanted to search.

All these things are funny right now...but truth be told, I'm a little worried I have inherited my grandmother's Alzheimers.

At 46, I finally (after over 5 years of being told to do so by my doctor) broke down and got bifocals. It just became too difficult to keep taking my glasses off and putting them back on in meetings.

I often walk into a room full of purpose, only to find myself minutes later standing there with no idea why I came in there.

I often will completely lose my train of thought and totally forget what I was talking about, mid conversation.

Or...the WORST...pulling up google, and forgetting what I wanted to search.

All these things are funny right now...but truth be told, I'm a little worried I have inherited my grandmother's Alzheimers.

I got my first pair of progressive lenses just before Christmas. I've just now stopped nodding all of the time, trying to get focus on things. Mrs. has been buying everything in site, just because she thinks I'm saying, "Yes.", every time she asks for something, and I don't hear her.

Hmmmm…. Wait a minute! That's why she's been talking so softly. :irked:

I got my first pair of progressive lenses just before Christmas. I've just now stopped nodding all of the time, trying to get focus on things. Mrs. has been buying everything in site, just because she thinks I'm saying, "Yes.", every time she asks for something, and I don't hear her.

Hmmmm…. Wait a minute! That's why she's been talking so softly. :irked:

Perhaps there's something to the old saw...

...an ideal marriage is between a woman who can't see and a man who can't hear.

For years there has been much more food than beer in my refrigerator.

Now, the fridge in the garage is another story.

Which begs the question - when my detatched garage gets real cold in the winter - does the fridge become a heater?

I doubled up yesterday. I wear glasses and they're always in the same place. Got up, showered, got dressed, couldn't find my glasses. No one was home. I looked in places that were impossible for them to be . Still couldn't find them. Called my wife (felt like a 85-yr-old by doing so) but she had no clue. As soon as I hung up, I found them.

While looking I found a brand new tags-still-on Cincinnati Reds shirt behind my nightstand. "Huh, I guess this was a Christmas present I got and it fell behind there. Cool. Like the shirt."

Told my wife about it and my theory. She said "You just bought it a month ago."

Sad.

I doubled up yesterday. I wear glasses and they're always in the same place. Got up, showered, got dressed, couldn't find my glasses. No one was home. I looked in places that were impossible for them to be . Still couldn't find them. Called my wife (felt like a 85-yr-old by doing so) but she had no clue. As soon as I hung up, I found them.

While looking I found a brand new tags-still-on Cincinnati Reds shirt behind my nightstand. "Huh, I guess this was a Christmas present I got and it fell behind there. Cool. Like the shirt."

Told my wife about it and my theory. She said "You just bought it a month ago."

Sad.

That's pretty bad Clizzy. :lol: