Will Belfry win another State Title ???

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Pirates have quietly made it back on this side of the state. They were creeping along, and I didn't even notice they were back in contention till' I was looking at the scoreboard last week. Belfry has quite the roll going on and they'll be hard to stop, now they're building on the last two.

The Pirates have quietly made it back on this side of the state. They were creeping along, and I didn't even notice they were back in contention till' I was looking at the scoreboard last week. Belfry has quite the roll going on and they'll be hard to stop, now they're building on the last two.
But Russell has quite a roll going on too, they have won 21 straight home games

They need to take care of the team they face next before they can start thinking of the finals.

AMEN

Belfry isn't looking ahead, they have their hands full this week and if they are lucky enough to win, will wake up Saturday morning and start getting ready for the next game.

Belfry should handle Russell pretty good, and then take care of Owensboro Catholic.

I sure hope you are not overlooking Russell. Maybe you know something everyone else does not know. I'm sure the Belfry football team is not overlooking Russell. Keep in mind at this time of the season games are not like they are during the regular season. One fumble, one interception, an onside kick, an injured player can all contribute to a win or a loss. They all are hugh in big games and can happen to any team at any time as evident by what happened last year in the Russell, Belfry game. Belfry was the best team that night and the turn overs were a result of a great Belfry defense who were hitting hard and caused the fumbles. Time will tell and I would not count my chickens before they are hatched.

Just for the record. I would like to see Russell win of course. This one I feel will come down to the end and go into overtime. I sure hope my team is on top. If they loose, we can say we were beat by a better team. I'm sure that if Russell wins the BGPers from Belfry will give Russell a pat on the back and wish them luck just as I will do for the classy Belfry players.

I do know one thing for sure. The best team will win this one. No excesses.

In Belfry's advantage: They've been there. They're much less likely to make mental errors due to "nerves" or "trying to do too much".

Belfry's (possible) disadvantage: IMO, Region IV is weaker than in '03 and '04. Is Belfry's run through region play as indicative of their ability this year ? Have they been "pushed" to a competitive fine edge ?

Belfry should handle Russell pretty good, and then take care of Owensboro Catholic.

I really don't think that this late in the season that anyone will handle the other "pretty well' I think it will be a close, hard fought game between two excellent teams. You don't get this far into the season being a pushover. Both Belfry and Russell will have their work cut out for them come Friday night. As so many others have stated it will come down to who handles the ball the best.

Good luck to both teams.

And maybe O.C. should worry about Desales before worrying about the state game. :sssh:

If Belfry wants to go to state, they can... No questions ask.

If they play like they have been playing , we will have no problems once so ever.

With that being said ::

I do believe that Belfry will go back to state... I have alot of faith in them Belfry Boys and Always will.

Let's GO BHS!!

I AM BEHIND YOU GUYS ALL THE WAY!!

:flame: :flame:

:dancingpa :dancingpa

:dancingpa :dancingpa