Owensboro Catholic 28 Fort Campbell 25

Figs

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Somewhat of an upset; I would not necessarily call it a shocker.
Agreed. Owensboro Catholic is the best team Fort Campbell has played all season. I think all of us in the west figured this was the most dangerous game for the Falcons on the route to Louisville.

Johnson had 90+ yards rushing and 4 catches for 78 yards.

Atcher got the bulk of the carries; I think he went for over 100.

Even though I didn't mention his name a lot in the updates, the OCath announcers did. He did play an integral part in the ballgame.

I broadcasted the game from Ft. Campbell and I will only make one quick observation and that is that when Gordon went down with the broken rib, the defense for FC seemed to be a bit "lost". While he did not have a "great" game his defensive presence was as much mental as it was physical. Notre Dame got them a good one when with they signed him. The Atcher kid....It he was 6'2 or so and 200+ pounds....colleges would be all over him

I was at the game. This should be considered an upset, even though I picked Catholic to win this game. Ft. Campbell had 3 high school all Americans. Not to mention Atcher is one of the best backs I have seen this year. The Ace's overcame 6 turnovers in this game. Coach Edge made 1 of the most gutsy calls I have seen right before halftime. They went for it on 4th and 2 on their own 12. They made it and scored right before halftime

I was at the game. This should be considered an upset, even though I picked Catholic to win this game. Ft. Campbell had 3 high school all Americans. Not to mention Atcher is one of the best backs I have seen this year. The Ace's overcame 6 turnovers in this game. Coach Edge made 1 of the most gutsy calls I have seen right before halftime. They went for it on 4th and 2 on their own 12. They made it and scored right before halftime

Agreed. It was an upset.

As far as the (3) D-1 prospects on the field, I thought #30 Atcher looked like the best kid for FC. He never quit and I got the feeling and several other fans with me, that the big names on FC quit.

OC overcame 6 turnovers to beat the #1 team in the State. They just never gave up!

OC also put up 28 points on a team that has only allowed 10 points in a game. OC's defensive unit was tough once again. After so many turnovers and giving the Falcons good field position they just kept tough.

I will say this, The Falcons had so much speed and talent and for some reason at the end of the 4th when they were still winning 25-20 they got tight and played not to lose.

Congrats to botht teams on a great season! Go OC win Beat Desales! :jump: