Are There More People Or Chairs In The World?

MJAlltheWay24

Are There More People Or Chairs In The World?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Are There More People Or Chairs In The World?

There are a lot more chairs in my house than people. I would think chairs by a lot but then again I am thinking as an American with all the luxuries it is easy to take for granted.

I figured if you said that 50% of the world population had zero chairs, that means the other 50% just need to own two chairs to break even. I think my wife and I have 20 in our house alone. And you know the poorest countries in the world still have some chairs there.

Once you factor in stadiums, movie theaters, offices, schools, restaurants, bars, and etc., I don't think it's even close anymore.

In addition to our homes, by the time you factor in restaurants, bars, work, Dr's office, churches, sporting venues, etc, it's not even close. I would venture that the US and Europe are more 100 to 1 chairs to people. That makes up for any countries that have little or no chairs.

I think of our home. Not counting our multiple folding chairs and beach chairs, we have 41 - maybe more.

Don't forget to count your dining room, kitchen, office, patio chairs, etc. It starts adding up in a hurry.

The only basis that I can see to argue that there would possibly be more people is 3rd world countries.

Even still, think of all the folding chairs people keep in their homes without generally using them. Schools, church halls, reception and venue halls, restaurants, those all have chairs that are intended to serve people outside of their own homes. Do seats in the stands at venues count? All of the seating in airports?