Championship games and RPI

Jumper_Dad

Looks like for the most part RPI did what it was supposed to do. All 6 games next weekend have compelling matchups. A few really good teams in loaded districts went a round earlier than normal, but overall it seemed to work.

In several finals you have two teams that under the old system would have met in the semis.

If they would eliminate the intro-district play and return to cross bracketing in the first three rounds, then I think a lot of criticisms would evaporate. There is no getting around the ridiculous travel problems that can be/were created by the RPI in the semifinal round, but other than that, I have to agree - we mostly got the best teams in the finals.

If they would eliminate the intro-district play and return to cross bracketing in the first three rounds, then I think a lot of criticisms would evaporate. There is no getting around the ridiculous travel problems that can be/were created by the RPI in the semifinal round, but other than that, I have to agree - we mostly got the best teams in the finals.

Yes if you have a situation where the top 2 teams are in the same district, such as Somerset and LCA, they could still meet in the state title game instead of the second round.