Crowdus leaving Frederick Douglass?

barrel

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There are rumors going that Crowdus is either leaving Fredrick Douglas or has already left Fredrick Douglas for IMG. Has anyone else heard these rumors? Can anyone confirm either way?

Yes he is leaving, and going to IMG. Leaving today I believe.

There are rumors going that Crowdus is either leaving Fredrick Douglas or has already left Fredrick Douglas for IMG. Has anyone else heard these rumors? Can anyone confirm either way?

Joining Ivan Drobosky TE from BG who left for IMG just before this season.

Makes you wonder if the fallout from the Trinity scrimmage was the nail in the coffin of this decision.

Other than being put in their place, I'm not really sure how the Trinity scrimmage affects FD seeing as they dropped down to 5A.

Other than being put in their place, I'm not really sure how the Trinity scrimmage affects FD seeing as they dropped down to 5A.

I'm thinking more in terms of whether or not the online chatter following that very public spanking helped nudge Crowdus toward the decision to leave FD. This doesn't strike me as a spur of the moment decision, but rather something he has been weighing for a while and maybe last Friday night sealed it.

To be clear, I'm not saying that I think one bad scrimmage result made up his mind. He has his reasons for leaving and I'm not going to criticize them, but the Trinity scrimmage and the ensuing fallout certainly couldn't have helped.

Edited by DevilMayCare
Additional thoughts

Yes he is leaving, and going to IMG. Leaving today I believe.

Ok I obviously haven't been paying much attention. What is IMG and why would players go there?

It’s an Academy in Florida on the ESPN class of 2021 top 300 they had probably 15-20 just from their school. The last 6 years playing a national schedule they are 54-7.

About $70K per year for tuition, room, board, and specific sport fees. That's a chunk to payout just on a whim. I hope it works out for his family.

In part Rule 2 reads:

This includes, name calling or personal attacks toward any member, username, team, or school.

AND

If you feel that a specific post violates our rules, please report it using the "Report Post" feature - the triangular “!” icon located in the bottom left-hand side of every post.

In part the Link Policy reads:

III. When any member posts a link to a 3rd party website, that link MUST be accompanied by meaningful commentary in the post explaining why the link has been shared. This is intended to provide insight about the link without forcing anyone to leave BGP in order to understand the subject matter, as well as continuing to generate organic discussion in the thread rather than completely directing attention elsewhere. Meaningful commentary could include questions (one simple question will not be sufficient) intended to stem discussion, it can be some personal observations about the topic of the link, or it could simply be a summary in the member’s own words about what is contained in the link.