Open Job: Boyle County

Anyone who has been on BGP for the last 8-10 years knows that I am a huge fan of Steve Adams as a coach and person. I spoke with him yesterday and it bears repeating....I will always be appreciative and grateful to have had him coach both of my sons. Both of my boys became better men and players as a result. I will cherish all of the memories that my family will carry throughout our lives from our time shared with him at Boyle County.

I’ll see you on the links soon, Coach!!!! Thanks for everything!!!!

Any reason for Coach Adams stepping down? Is he taking another job?

Nothing that I have heard directly from him. When we spoke I didn’t ask him any questions.

Not to my knowledge. He will still be teaching at Boyle until he retires is my understanding.

Man.....this is a bummer. Steve is a heck of a coach and a great person at that. I wish him the best of luck in all of his future endeavors! Boyle County is blessed to have had him lead the program!

The next coach will have big shoes to fill but will be in a school system that supports its athletic programs. It is one of the better jobs in Central Kentucky. I’m sure they will have plenty of options to choose from!

Steve is a class guy, and had a great run at Boyle County. I’m sure this past season was tough on him due to unfortunate injuries and an unexpected transfer. As for the next coach, I’m sure there will be plenty of applicants including local coaches. The job is a premier job in central Kentucky!

Anyone who has been on BGP for the last 8-10 years knows that I am a huge fan of Steve Adams as a coach and person. I spoke with him yesterday and it bears repeating....I will always be appreciative and grateful to have had him coach both of my sons. Both of my boys became better men and players as a result. I will cherish all of the memories that my family will carry throughout our lives from our time shared with him at Boyle County.

I’ll see you on the links soon, Coach!!!! Thanks for everything!!!!

This....ALL DAY LONG!

Rumor already out in the atmosphere:

Ryan Young to Boyle County.

Coach Cooper back to Garrard County.

I can confirm that Coach Cooper will not return to Garrard County.

I do think Ryan Young will apply for the job but that is just pure speculation on my part. I have zero clue if he will apply or is even thinking of applying.