Billy Kennedy out at Texas A&M

B. Kennedy is a billboard for a class human being. A&M had multiple injuries to deal with, a couple of their players made the decision that they were more important than the program, their teammates and coach and got themselves suspended, kicked out. Of course, the coach pays the price. Kennedy took the Aggies to consecutive S-16's, was very competative in the SEC and all the time while battling a terrible, crippling neurological disease in Parkinsons. The man had the class, honesty that a short while after they had hired him Kennedy was reported at that time when he got the DX and that if they wanted to void the contract, re call their hiring of him, that he understood and wouldn't try to fight it. I realize that it's a business, I just feel terrible for Kennedy. This, to me anyway, backs up the "nice guys finish last" stories. I certainly wish him well in the future, especially in his 24/7/365 battle with Parkinson disease.

Should Kennedy coach somewhere in the future, I hope he gets to play A&M and he beats the hell out of them but I feel sure that would be the last thing on his mind.

No way Texas A/M gets rid of Kennedy without having his replacement agreed on and ready to go in the next month.

I think Kennedy can do better than Tulane. Heck, he could end up at Virginia Tech in what would amount as a coach swap

You have to wonder what role the Parkinson's had in their decision making.

Kennedy did have a subpar season; however, my understanding is their recruiting class is weak too and the chances of this snowballing is what did Kennedy in.

Buzz Williams is a Texas guy and was an assistant at A&M under Billy G. So it really isn't as much that he believes A&M is step up from Virginia Tech as it is he would be going home.