March 16, 20197 yr Billy Kennedy was fired by Texas A&M after last night's loss. Word is they are going after Virginia Tech head coach, Buzz Williams.
March 16, 20197 yr Is A&M a better job than Virginia Tech? Yes. The top 3 teams in the top 25 are in the ACC. The SEC is much improved but one good recruiting class still puts you in the top 4 in the league. And Texas A&M has money to burn.
March 16, 20197 yr B. Kennedy is a billboard for a class human being. A&M had multiple injuries to deal with, a couple of their players made the decision that they were more important than the program, their teammates and coach and got themselves suspended, kicked out. Of course, the coach pays the price. Kennedy took the Aggies to consecutive S-16's, was very competative in the SEC and all the time while battling a terrible, crippling neurological disease in Parkinsons. The man had the class, honesty that a short while after they had hired him Kennedy was reported at that time when he got the DX and that if they wanted to void the contract, re call their hiring of him, that he understood and wouldn't try to fight it. I realize that it's a business, I just feel terrible for Kennedy. This, to me anyway, backs up the "nice guys finish last" stories. I certainly wish him well in the future, especially in his 24/7/365 battle with Parkinson disease. Should Kennedy coach somewhere in the future, I hope he gets to play A&M and he beats the hell out of them but I feel sure that would be the last thing on his mind.
March 16, 20197 yr Tulane is reportedly interested in Kennedy. That would take him back to his home ground. Kennedy is one of the nicest people I’ve ever met.
March 17, 20197 yr No way Texas A/M gets rid of Kennedy without having his replacement agreed on and ready to go in the next month. I think Kennedy can do better than Tulane. Heck, he could end up at Virginia Tech in what would amount as a coach swap
March 18, 20197 yr No way Texas A/M gets rid of Kennedy without having his replacement agreed on and ready to go in the next month. I think Kennedy can do better than Tulane. Heck, he could end up at Virginia Tech in what would amount as a coach swap You have to wonder what role the Parkinson's had in their decision making.
March 18, 20197 yr You have to wonder what role the Parkinson's had in their decision making. That you will never know.
March 18, 20197 yr I was wondering how much his buyout was. I figured he may have got a raise last year after their run in the post season. Also I know the firing of Kevin Sumlin wasn't cheap.
March 18, 20197 yr That you will never know. Yep. And I do not think it was discussed, but that would have to be in the back of everyone's mind. Fair or not.
March 18, 20197 yr Tulane is a dumpster fire right now but if Kennedy went there he could make them a good program in the AAC in a couple of years.
March 18, 20197 yr Andy Kennedy is the name tossed around most with Tulane so far. Edited March 19, 20197 yr by theguru Rule 13
March 19, 20197 yr Kennedy did have a subpar season; however, my understanding is their recruiting class is weak too and the chances of this snowballing is what did Kennedy in. Buzz Williams is a Texas guy and was an assistant at A&M under Billy G. So it really isn't as much that he believes A&M is step up from Virginia Tech as it is he would be going home.
March 20, 20197 yr Andy Kennedy is the name tossed around most with Tulane so far. Based upon some of his comments this year on SEC network games, it seems like living in New Orleans would really appeal to Andy Kennedy.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.