Kentucky 71 Mississippi State 67

16thBBall Fan

Another quadrant one win. UK needs these types of games. Where things change and the other team gets hot and has all the momentum. UK made some huge shots when it mattered. Herro with two big threes today with the shot clock rolling down. PJ with another great game. Johnson with a big rebound and then defensive play at the end to win it.

Did enough to win, but that's about all I can say. Terrible free throw shooting & defensive effort wasn't the best. Officiating made the game hard to watch in the second half. Not a great performance.

But I'll take the win, especially on the road. On to the next one.

I was disappointed that U.K. lost the 18pt. lead that they held early in the 2nd half but any SEC win on the road is a good one. MSU pulled to within 4 pts. before the Cats put the game away w / a couple of big 3's when needed. P.J. Washington had 23pts. today, making that he's scored over 20 in 5 of the last 6 games. U.K. is still playing well overall and this week coming will be a tough one. (imo underrated) LSU comes in on Tues. and #1 Tennessee on Sat.....

Is it only me that thinks Montgomery has terrible hands? Fundamentally weak in grabbing two handed rebounds and controlling it against smaller defenders. Not finishing the shot through contact seems to regularly happen as he again loses control. Will another year/two of seasoning allow the physical maturity to catch up with his athleticism?

Is it only me that thinks Montgomery has terrible hands? Fundamentally weak in grabbing two handed rebounds and controlling it against smaller defenders. Not finishing the shot through contact seems to regularly happen as he again loses control. Will another year/two of seasoning allow the physical maturity to catch up with his athleticism?

No doubt he will get better. As I have said with other guys. We UK fans got so spied with freshman ready to be stars right away. We forget players actually get better. IMO Richards is 10 times better this year, but unlike last year have two other post players who are very good. So no need to play him to much. Even though he has improved.

I think next year as long as both stay. Them two will be one of the best front courts in the country imo.

Edited by bugatti

I think that he will get better, play more confident as the season goes on. I hope so, just think of how much of a boost that will give this team ….