February 9, 20197 yr Dominant first half. 2nd half wasn't pretty but they came up with plays when it mattered. I will definitely take it.
February 9, 20197 yr Another quadrant one win. UK needs these types of games. Where things change and the other team gets hot and has all the momentum. UK made some huge shots when it mattered. Herro with two big threes today with the shot clock rolling down. PJ with another great game. Johnson with a big rebound and then defensive play at the end to win it.
February 9, 20197 yr I really think Baker should start being more in the rotation than Quickley. I really like his game. He plays good defense, good shooter, and just seems like a very smooth smart player.
February 9, 20197 yr Also I hope Herro stays for another year. Imo he could be an All American next year if he stays.
February 9, 20197 yr Did enough to win, but that's about all I can say. Terrible free throw shooting & defensive effort wasn't the best. Officiating made the game hard to watch in the second half. Not a great performance. But I'll take the win, especially on the road. On to the next one.
February 9, 20197 yr Also I hope Herro stays for another year. Imo he could be an All American next year if he stays. They need to find a way to get Herro a few more shots.
February 9, 20197 yr Hate seeing them give up that large a lead but they showed a maturity beyond their years in closing it out after it got close. PlJ is adding to his future millions with each game.
February 9, 20197 yr They need to find a way to get Herro a few more shots. He sure makes some momentum changing shots.
February 9, 20197 yr Second half wasn't pretty but this was a great road win so I'll take it. Winning is way better than losing! Big week ahead with LSU and Tennessee.
February 10, 20197 yr Second half wasn't pretty but this was a great road win so I'll take it. Winning is way better than losing! Big week ahead with LSU and Tennessee. Same thing I was thinking.
February 10, 20197 yr I was disappointed that U.K. lost the 18pt. lead that they held early in the 2nd half but any SEC win on the road is a good one. MSU pulled to within 4 pts. before the Cats put the game away w / a couple of big 3's when needed. P.J. Washington had 23pts. today, making that he's scored over 20 in 5 of the last 6 games. U.K. is still playing well overall and this week coming will be a tough one. (imo underrated) LSU comes in on Tues. and #1 Tennessee on Sat.....
February 10, 20197 yr Is it only me that thinks Montgomery has terrible hands? Fundamentally weak in grabbing two handed rebounds and controlling it against smaller defenders. Not finishing the shot through contact seems to regularly happen as he again loses control. Will another year/two of seasoning allow the physical maturity to catch up with his athleticism?
February 10, 20197 yr Is it only me that thinks Montgomery has terrible hands? Fundamentally weak in grabbing two handed rebounds and controlling it against smaller defenders. Not finishing the shot through contact seems to regularly happen as he again loses control. Will another year/two of seasoning allow the physical maturity to catch up with his athleticism? No doubt he will get better. As I have said with other guys. We UK fans got so spied with freshman ready to be stars right away. We forget players actually get better. IMO Richards is 10 times better this year, but unlike last year have two other post players who are very good. So no need to play him to much. Even though he has improved. I think next year as long as both stay. Them two will be one of the best front courts in the country imo. Edited February 11, 20197 yr by bugatti
February 11, 20197 yr Is it only me that thinks Montgomery has terrible hands? Fundamentally weak in grabbing two handed rebounds and controlling it against smaller defenders. Not finishing the shot through contact seems to regularly happen as he again loses control. Will another year/two of seasoning allow the physical maturity to catch up with his athleticism? I think that he will get better, play more confident as the season goes on. I hope so, just think of how much of a boost that will give this team ….
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.