Rick Pitino to UCLA?

Several big boosters at UCLA are pushing for the Bruins to hire Rick Pitino. Boosters such as Casey Wasserman, a millionaire who got Chip Kelly hired on as the Bruins head football coach. Apparently Wasserman is the most powerful person at UCLA and runs everything. John Branca is another person that is trying to get Pitino to UCLA.

Will Rick Pitino become the next Bruin head coach?

Let's be honest, the dude can flat coach and will produce exciting, winning teams. Hate that he never knows what's going on when the skies are dark; yet, when the skies are sunny and clear he is totally in charge. What's wrong with this picture?

Let's be honest, the dude can flat coach and will produce exciting, winning teams. Hate that he never knows what's going on when the skies are dark; yet, when the skies are sunny and clear he is totally in charge. What's wrong with this picture?

It's called CYA.

Boosters such as Casey Wasserman, a millionaire who got Chip Kelly hired on as the Bruins head football coach. Apparently Wasserman is the most powerful person at UCLA and runs everything.

If that guy is running things at UCLA they should fire him as a booster. He's been doing a terrible job.

I'd love to see UCLA hire Rick for various reasons. I think that could be a fun matchmaking experience I'd watch.

Pretty much where I am at.

From where I sit big time college athletics is so corrupt I don't think it is fair to keep any of the crooks out until the NCAA decides to follow the righteous path and clean house.

Pretty much where I am at.

From where I sit big time college athletics is so corrupt I don't think it is fair to keep any of the crooks out until the NCAA decides to follow the righteous path and clean house.

Kinda ya. If they aren't going to punish anyone person or program until it gets THAT bad, let's see what Rick can come up with. I can't imagine there's any shady dealers around UCLA that could slip under his nose........

So far there are no NCAA sanctions or criminal charges against him. But UL is not paying him the balance due on his contract and he has sued to collect it.

The 2nd investigation isn't complete yet. More sanctions on the program and Pitino once the Bowen thing is completed.

UCLA should get clearance from NCAA before hiring him.

The 2nd investigation isn't complete yet. More sanctions on the program and Pitino once the Bowen thing is completed.

UCLA should get clearance from NCAA before hiring him.

It's possible, but that's speculation at this point. It could be years before that other case is ever "completed."