Eagles 18 Falcons 12

theguru

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I blame the players. You want less practice and contact, the play is sloppier.

The sloppy play in this game wasn’t related to lack of contact during practice. I suppose you could argue they don’t practice enough, but they’ve had 6 weeks of practice, not to mention the stuff they do in the offseason.

Didn't watch a second, and looks like it's a good thing I didn't.

The first half was kind of rough. The second half was very entertaining. A couple lead changes, some big defensive plays, and the Falcons had 5 plays inside the 10 with 20 seconds left to win the game.

That game was just bad football all around. The Falcons should have won that game by 2 touchdowns. The Eagles won’t make the playoffs this year unless Carson Wentz comes back and sets the world on fire.

Not sure when Carson is set to return. Nor am I sure if the Eagles know. Last night Nick Foles turned back into Nick Foles. While you can argue the Falcons should have won, they are exactly the same team as they were last season, struggling to cash it in near the goal line. The Philly D should carry them and I believe they have enough balance and depth to make some noise.

One takeaway for me is the defensive lines for both teams seemed to dominate the opposing offensive lines. These are two teams that many are picking to make it to the Super Bowl and both their offensive lines are highly regarded. Yet the QB's were under pressure all night long. What has happened to offensive line play in the NFL?

One takeaway for me is the defensive lines for both teams seemed to dominate the opposing offensive lines. These are two teams that many are picking to make it to the Super Bowl and both their offensive lines are highly regarded. Yet the QB's were under pressure all night long. What has happened to offensive line play in the NFL?

Again, they seldom play until opening night. That was Jason Peters first live snaps since his ACL injury last fall.

Both front sevens are really good though, and defenses are often ahead of offenses early in the season.

Atlanta ran a ton of empty sets and the Eagles would bring 6 guys and they couldn't adjust. It doesn't matter how good your o line is if you don't have enough guys to block.