September 7, 20188 yr On the ratings question, what show had increased ratings from the previous year in the past couple or three years? Is there any show whose ratings have gone up?
September 7, 20188 yr Opening Thursday night has declined each of the last 5 years. I’m sure the 45 minute delay didn’t help. I’m also guessing it was still the most watched program last night. One other thing that might affect ratings, is I don’t think any of the streaming options to watch the game are counted in ratings. Those outlets are rapidly growing. Snagging 19 million viewers on the Comcast-owned network, the late starting Eagles winning kickoff game fell 13% in broadcast audience from last year’s NFL opener with the New England Patriots and the victorious Kansas City Chiefs. That’s another year of straight double digit decline for the NFL and NBC. With last years opener holding the previous record, the 2018 battle in Philly is also the worst any kickoff game has done since 2009.
September 8, 20188 yr On the ratings question, what show had increased ratings from the previous year in the past couple or three years? Is there any show whose ratings have gone up? Isn’t the NBA ratings going up each year? Edit: so I looked it up. NFL was down 9% last year and NBA was up 8%. NBA was slightly down the year before.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.