Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Eagles 18 Falcons 12

Featured Replies

I watched the whole thing, it was a close game and entertaining.

 

I am so glad the NFL is back.

  • Replies 32
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ugly start. Sloppy play. Officials dominating the flow of the game. But it was an entertaining ending.

  • Author
Ugly start. Sloppy play. Officials dominating the flow of the game. But it was an entertaining ending.

 

I agree it really got good at the end.

Ugly start. Sloppy play. Officials dominating the flow of the game. But it was an entertaining ending.

I blame the players. You want less practice and contact, the play is sloppier.

I blame the players. You want less practice and contact, the play is sloppier.

 

The sloppy play in this game wasn’t related to lack of contact during practice. I suppose you could argue they don’t practice enough, but they’ve had 6 weeks of practice, not to mention the stuff they do in the offseason.

Didn't watch a second, and looks like it's a good thing I didn't.

Didn't watch a second, and looks like it's a good thing I didn't.

 

The first half was kind of rough. The second half was very entertaining. A couple lead changes, some big defensive plays, and the Falcons had 5 plays inside the 10 with 20 seconds left to win the game.

That game was just bad football all around. The Falcons should have won that game by 2 touchdowns. The Eagles won’t make the playoffs this year unless Carson Wentz comes back and sets the world on fire.

That game was just bad football all around. The Falcons should have won that game by 2 touchdowns. The Eagles won’t make the playoffs this year unless Carson Wentz comes back and sets the world on fire.

 

Not sure when Carson is set to return. Nor am I sure if the Eagles know. Last night Nick Foles turned back into Nick Foles. While you can argue the Falcons should have won, they are exactly the same team as they were last season, struggling to cash it in near the goal line. The Philly D should carry them and I believe they have enough balance and depth to make some noise.

One takeaway for me is the defensive lines for both teams seemed to dominate the opposing offensive lines. These are two teams that many are picking to make it to the Super Bowl and both their offensive lines are highly regarded. Yet the QB's were under pressure all night long. What has happened to offensive line play in the NFL?

Was the scoring all field goals? I saw only the first half (or parts anyway) and it was all FGs as I recall.

Was the scoring all field goals? I saw only the first half (or parts anyway) and it was all FGs as I recall.

 

No. Atlanta missed an extra point and Philly scored two TDs (and converted a two point conversion).

One takeaway for me is the defensive lines for both teams seemed to dominate the opposing offensive lines. These are two teams that many are picking to make it to the Super Bowl and both their offensive lines are highly regarded. Yet the QB's were under pressure all night long. What has happened to offensive line play in the NFL?

Again, they seldom play until opening night. That was Jason Peters first live snaps since his ACL injury last fall.

 

Both front sevens are really good though, and defenses are often ahead of offenses early in the season.

One takeaway for me is the defensive lines for both teams seemed to dominate the opposing offensive lines. These are two teams that many are picking to make it to the Super Bowl and both their offensive lines are highly regarded. Yet the QB's were under pressure all night long. What has happened to offensive line play in the NFL?

Atlanta ran a ton of empty sets and the Eagles would bring 6 guys and they couldn't adjust. It doesn't matter how good your o line is if you don't have enough guys to block.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.