Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Eagles 18 Falcons 12

Featured Replies

I do love me some Fletcher Cox. Dude is a load to handle.

  • Replies 32
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, Matt Ryan. It helps to throw the ball in the field of play...

The first two weeks are basically going to be preseason games, as the players are getting used to playing in live games. Since most of them haven't even played a full game combined with the four preseason games. That game was ugly.

Tough crowd here. I loved the game last night. And yes it was sloppy, especially in the first half. But the second half had everything you want in a football game. Maybe it's just because I'm an Eagles fan, but I think would have stayed up and watched that game regardless of who was playing.

I blame the players. You want less practice and contact, the play is sloppier.

 

What's the point of doing 4 preseason games if you aren't going to play anyone and you end up this sloppy in week 1 anyway. Just get rid of two of them altogether or add 2 regular season games and only do two preseason.

 

Awful game, the NFL should thank it's lucky stars for gambling and fantasy otherwise 75% of the people who watched till the end would have been in bed. I even had money on it and turned it off in favor of sleeping.

  • Author

I hear what everyone is saying but when it is has been months since the last NFL game last night was pretty refreshing.

I hear what everyone is saying but when it is has been months since the last NFL game last night was pretty refreshing.

Not when college football is an infinitely better product.

  • Author
Not when college football is an infinitely better product.

 

I don't know that I agree but that debate is for another thread.

I say do 2 preseason games, off week before play and add 1 game.

Not sure when Carson is set to return. Nor am I sure if the Eagles know. Last night Nick Foles turned back into Nick Foles. While you can argue the Falcons should have won, they are exactly the same team as they were last season, struggling to cash it in near the goal line. The Philly D should carry them and I believe they have enough balance and depth to make some noise.

 

Saw a stat that Matt Ryan is 1-20 when throwing to Julio Jones in the endzone.

Was pretty disappointed they didn't award Julio with that deep catch in the 2nd half. Looked like a catch to me.

Ratings didn’t look good.

 

Opening Thursday night has declined each of the last 5 years. I’m sure the 45 minute delay didn’t help. I’m also guessing it was still the most watched program last night.

 

One other thing that might affect ratings, is I don’t think any of the streaming options to watch the game are counted in ratings. Those outlets are rapidly growing.

Opening Thursday night has declined each of the last 5 years. I’m sure the 45 minute delay didn’t help. I’m also guessing it was still the most watched program last night.

 

One other thing that might affect ratings, is I don’t think any of the streaming options to watch the game are counted in ratings. Those outlets are rapidly growing.

Ratings for most programming has declined. Any other program and sport, however, would trade ratings with the NFL in a heartbeat. People don't need to be fooling themselves about viewership.

Opening Thursday night has declined each of the last 5 years. I’m sure the 45 minute delay didn’t help. I’m also guessing it was still the most watched program last night.

 

One other thing that might affect ratings, is I don’t think any of the streaming options to watch the game are counted in ratings. Those outlets are rapidly growing.

 

Even though ratings dropped again pretty dramatically, they were still higher than the highest rated NBA finals this year. They were also double the three other major networks prime time shows combined last night.

 

It will be Interesting how rest of the year goes. I still know many people who have given up the nfl.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.