Marvin Bagley III & Deandre Ayton Sign With Puma

Saw where Goodman said on Twitter that they were both Nike sponsored throughout their high school days. Nike has to feel pretty bummed about this I suppose.

I could have sworn I read something that said that Nike paid Bagley’s Dad to coach their AAU team and they went 0-16 and was still in the Peach Jam or something like that. :lol2: :lol2:

With the reported contracts for the players and bringing Jay-Z on I now want to know how much PUMA is investing in their newly formed basketball division. Also where is PUMA successful today? Are they soccer, track or a lifestyle brand? This is an interesting business case study to follow. Their has to be new leadership.

With the reported contracts for the players and bringing Jay-Z on I now want to know how much PUMA is investing in their newly formed basketball division. Also where is PUMA successful today? Are they soccer, track or a lifestyle brand? This is an interesting business case study to follow. Their has to be new leadership.

Rickie Fowler in golf has been wildly successful for Puma, at least I would think so based off the number of people wearing Puma golf gear.

Jay-Z has come aboard Puma as the president of the company now.

He is actually a Creative Director but he will bring even more attention to Puma. I went to high school with the President of Puma North America. The growth they have experienced in recent years is astounding.

I could have sworn I read something that said that Nike paid Bagley’s Dad to coach their AAU team and they went 0-16 and was still in the Peach Jam or something like that. :lol2: :lol2:

I read a story concerning Bagley's dad getting paid big money to coach his AAU team, kind of mind boggling that it didn't affect his eligibility.

I read a story concerning Bagley's dad getting paid big money to coach his AAU team, kind of mind boggling that it didn't affect his eligibility.

It’s not illegal for a dad to coach his kid in AAU. That’s how the shoe companies and most likely some schools are able to get around the NCAA rules.

IMO it’s never a coincidence that these kids choose schools that have the same shoe affiliation as their AAU team.

It is funny that Nike put all of that money into Bagley and he chose someone else. I’m sure Nike thought he was a lock.