Santa Fe, TX High School Shooting 5.18.18

Figured it deserved it owns thread.

Reports are that there are multiple fatalities at a school shooting at a high school in Santa Fe, TX this morning.

KHOU 11 News Houston

@KHOU

#KHOU 11 "Three sources telling me that at least 8 students are dead in today's Santa Fe ISD school shooting. More injured." - @JRogalskiKHOU

10:54 AM - 18 May 2018

When will it stop?

At this point, the way our country handles and protects against this stuff is just insanity.

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is horrible...very little info so far.

It is being reported that at least 8 have died and several others have been shot including a police officer.

The suspect has been "Contained", not sure if that means he is captured, killed, shot or surrounded.

This is sickening.

Figured it deserved it owns thread.

Reports are that there are multiple fatalities at a school shooting at a high school in Santa Fe, TX this morning.

KHOU 11 News Houston

@KHOU

#KHOU 11 "Three sources telling me that at least 8 students are dead in today's Santa Fe ISD school shooting. More injured." - @JRogalskiKHOU

10:54 AM - 18 May 2018

When will it stop?

At this point, the way our country handles and protects against this stuff is just insanity.

When the system decides to devote the resources to stopping it.

Yikes....Just saw an interview with a student that was there. The interviewer asked if she thought, "There's no way this is actually happening, this isn't real." She said, no, it's been happening everywhere lately, so I just assumed at some point it'd eventually happen here.

So incredibly awful and sad.

I really don't know what can be done to stop this insanity. I just don't get what's causing all of this.

It's a combination of a lot of things....

Mental health, bullying, unstable families, the need for attention, ease of access....There's no one thing.

All I know is what we're doing now, is the very definition of insanity. It's clearly not working, yet we refuse to change things.

Mental health, bullying, unstable families, the need for attention, ease of access....There's no one thing.

All I know is what we're doing now, is the very definition of insanity. It's clearly not working, yet we refuse to change things.

Right, "we" are doing the same thing over and over (NOTHING) and expecting a different result.

It is INSANITY to the nth degree.

I agree.

Schools are changing all the time. Metal Detectors, School Resource Officers, Bullying Prevention, arming teachers/staff, renewed mental health focus in many systems...Schools all across the country are trying new things. Schools are also doing more emergency planning than ever before. The problem is, there is no one Silver Bullet to fix this problem.

Schools are changing all the time. Metal Detectors, School Resource Officers, Bullying Prevention, arming teachers/staff, renewed mental health focus in many systems...Schools all across the country are trying new things. Schools are also doing more emergency planning than ever before. The problem is, there is no one Silver Bullet to fix this problem.

True, but no one really seems to work hard enough to try to find good, agreeable, real solutions. I honestly don't know if there are any.

True, but no one really seems to work hard enough to try to find good, agreeable, real solutions. I honestly don't know if there are any.

I disagree, there are some schools and administrators out there working hard trying to find a balance between education and prison-like environment.

Your second statement is correct, there will never be a 100% fix. If the schools are locked down then the next thing will be a school bus shootings...I'm actually surprised this hasn't happened already. Or shootings outside the school before the students reach the ring of security.

One answer may be to surround the school campuses with prison type fences and have all entrants (students, teachers, visitors) into the school searched each day.

We already have a successful recipe for such security, it is called TSA at the airports.