NKU wins Horizon League Regular Season Championship

MJAlltheWay24

I think this needed a thread on its own. Pretty awesome that they won the Horizon League Conference Tournament last year. They have now won the Regular Season Championship this year, which secures a spot in the NIT at least but have hopes for more.

NKU has had some doubters since they announced the decision to go D-I. They had some doubters when they moved on from Dave Bezold. They've had people question them left and right, mocking their attendance numbers.

They are on the rise. And as an alumnus member of Norse Nation, this is fun.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah it’s unfortunate too. NKU has a really good thing going. Maybe he’ll turn down any offers and stay in Highland Heights? Lol

Not unfortunate at all. A program the size of NKU, in a conference like the Horizon League, they should want their coach to have to change every 4-5 seasons. That means their teams are successfully and they are consistently playing in the NCAA tournament.

Not unfortunate at all. A program the size of NKU, in a conference like the Horizon League, they should want their coach to have to change every 4-5 seasons. That means their teams are successfully and they are consistently playing in the NCAA tournament.

WKU went through a similar phase back in the day.

I think this needed a thread on its own. Pretty awesome that they won the Horizon League Conference Tournament last year. They have now won the Regular Season Championship this year, which secures a spot in the NIT at least but have hopes for more.

NKU has had some doubters since they announced the decision to go D-I. They had some doubters when they moved on from Dave Bezold. They've had people question them left and right, mocking their attendance numbers.

They are on the rise. And as an alumnus member of Norse Nation, this is fun.

Congratulations to them, and you.

You deserve to brag a little bit!

Definitely. Got a feeling he's gone when the season ends.

Best case scenario, NKU changes coaches every 4-5 years.

I have heard he has been frustrated with his ability to retain assistants due to their low pay and that has been a real focus of his.

One other thing and this is purely anecdotal. We ran into coach at Campus Book and Supply buying NKU apparel right before Christmas. I laughed and said to him, "don't you get enough of this stuff for free?". He told me that he was the only coach in the Horizon conference without an apparel allowance in his contract.