Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NKU wins Horizon League Regular Season Championship

Featured Replies

I have heard he has been frustrated with his ability to retain assistants due to their low pay and that has been a real focus of his.

 

One other thing and this is purely anecdotal. We ran into coach at Campus Book and Supply buying NKU apparel right before Christmas. I laughed and said to him, "don't you get enough of this stuff for free?". He told me that he was the only coach in the Horizon conference without an apparel allowance in his contract.

They've had the same staff for at least the last two years.

 

The apparel contract with Adidas I didn't understand when they did it. I don't think he did either.

  • Replies 34
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They've had the same staff for at least the last two years.

 

The apparel contract with Adidas I didn't understand when they did it. I don't think he did either.

 

I couldn't tell you who he had lost that he was frustrated over, but I am just relaying what I was told and it came from someone who should know.

 

As far as the Addidas contract, I couldn't tell you overall if it has been positive or not, but I can tell you as the parent of a xc/track and field athlete that it is much much better than the previous Nike contract for those kids.

Brannen is gonna be a hot name real fast.

 

Let's hope that being back home and with family keeps him around a little bit longer but, as others have said, it's a good problem to have and the way things are at mid-majors.

I hope NKU doesnt go conference shopping soon, I think they need to sit tight for a good 6-8 years or so.

 

The conference is 26th out of 32 in RPI. If they could pull off a move like Valpo then you have to do it (MVC is 8th in RPI).

I'm surprised they're that low. That's a significant drop from last season.

The conference is 26th out of 32 in RPI. If they could pull off a move like Valpo then you have to do it (MVC is 8th in RPI).
I'm surprised they're that low. That's a significant drop from last season.

17th last season.

I'm surprised they're that low. That's a significant drop from last season.

 

17th last season.

 

They lost a quality program in Valparaiso and the replacement (IUPUI) doesn't bring as much to the table. However, I do think adding IUPUI is going to eventually pay dividends for the league.

If I had a nickel for ever time a fan in Murray, KY said the same thing about a Murray State coach, I would have a lot of nickels.

Great point. I think Murray might the undisputed king of moving-up coaches.

It would have to be a really good job. He’s happy here.

 

I would say there are very few up and coming coaches who aren't happy where they are at. Yet it doesn't mean they won't leave when the money is talking and a chance to compete at a higher level comes calling.

  • Author
Headed to X when Mack leaves.

 

That was my random thought too earlier today.

That was my random thought too earlier today.

 

I've had this scenario playing around in my head for a while now, and I know it's completely unrealistic, but.....Mack takes the UL job, Brannen ends up at Xavier, and David Padgett is hired on at NKU. :lol2:

 

I don't think Xavier would look at Brannen just yet, unless the top handful of names on their list said no. JMO.

I've had this scenario playing around in my head for a while now, and I know it's completely unrealistic, but.....Mack takes the UL job, Brannen ends up at Xavier, and David Padgett is hired on at NKU. :lol2:

 

I don't think Xavier would look at Brannen just yet, unless the top handful of names on their list said no. JMO.

 

Xavier has hired an asst the last two times, I think Brannen would be a huge hire, unless some big name wants the X job.

If I had a nickel for ever time a fan in Murray, KY said the same thing about a Murray State coach, I would have a lot of nickels.

 

How many of those guys grew up 5 minutes from the university and has their entire family still here?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.