NKU wins Horizon League Regular Season Championship

MJAlltheWay24

I have heard he has been frustrated with his ability to retain assistants due to their low pay and that has been a real focus of his.

One other thing and this is purely anecdotal. We ran into coach at Campus Book and Supply buying NKU apparel right before Christmas. I laughed and said to him, "don't you get enough of this stuff for free?". He told me that he was the only coach in the Horizon conference without an apparel allowance in his contract.

They've had the same staff for at least the last two years.

The apparel contract with Adidas I didn't understand when they did it. I don't think he did either.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They've had the same staff for at least the last two years.

The apparel contract with Adidas I didn't understand when they did it. I don't think he did either.

I couldn't tell you who he had lost that he was frustrated over, but I am just relaying what I was told and it came from someone who should know.

As far as the Addidas contract, I couldn't tell you overall if it has been positive or not, but I can tell you as the parent of a xc/track and field athlete that it is much much better than the previous Nike contract for those kids.

I'm surprised they're that low. That's a significant drop from last season.

17th last season.

They lost a quality program in Valparaiso and the replacement (IUPUI) doesn't bring as much to the table. However, I do think adding IUPUI is going to eventually pay dividends for the league.

That was my random thought too earlier today.

I've had this scenario playing around in my head for a while now, and I know it's completely unrealistic, but.....Mack takes the UL job, Brannen ends up at Xavier, and David Padgett is hired on at NKU. :lol2:

I don't think Xavier would look at Brannen just yet, unless the top handful of names on their list said no. JMO.

I've had this scenario playing around in my head for a while now, and I know it's completely unrealistic, but.....Mack takes the UL job, Brannen ends up at Xavier, and David Padgett is hired on at NKU. :lol2:

I don't think Xavier would look at Brannen just yet, unless the top handful of names on their list said no. JMO.

Xavier has hired an asst the last two times, I think Brannen would be a huge hire, unless some big name wants the X job.