NKU wins Horizon League Regular Season Championship

MJAlltheWay24

With the position that Xavier is in now, NKU to XU would be skipping a step on the coaching ladder. Not saying that it can't happen but that would be a huge step for a head coach's second job after just 3, 4 or 5 years. FWIW, I don't see Mack leaving anyway.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had this scenario playing around in my head for a while now, and I know it's completely unrealistic, but.....Mack takes the UL job, Brannen ends up at Xavier, and David Padgett is hired on at NKU. :lol2:

I don't think Xavier would look at Brannen just yet, unless the top handful of names on their list said no. JMO.

Brannen brought in a top 15 recruiting class at ALABAMA, think what he could do at Xavier.

With the position that Xavier is in now, NKU to XU would be skipping a step on the coaching ladder. Not saying that it can't happen but that would be a huge step for a head coach's second job after just 3, 4 or 5 years. FWIW, I don't see Mack leaving anyway.

One thing to keep in mind, and I have NO idea if it matters, but they have the same agent.

How many of those guys grew up 5 minutes from the university and has their entire family still here?

Only one that I can think of, and he left. But virtually all have had young children in schools and started a family in the area. Most do not get into the collegiate coaching profession assuming they will never move. Some are content with their situations.