February 28, 20188 yr With the position that Xavier is in now, NKU to XU would be skipping a step on the coaching ladder. Not saying that it can't happen but that would be a huge step for a head coach's second job after just 3, 4 or 5 years. FWIW, I don't see Mack leaving anyway.
February 28, 20188 yr I've had this scenario playing around in my head for a while now, and I know it's completely unrealistic, but.....Mack takes the UL job, Brannen ends up at Xavier, and David Padgett is hired on at NKU. :lol2: I don't think Xavier would look at Brannen just yet, unless the top handful of names on their list said no. JMO. Brannen brought in a top 15 recruiting class at ALABAMA, think what he could do at Xavier.
February 28, 20188 yr With the position that Xavier is in now, NKU to XU would be skipping a step on the coaching ladder. Not saying that it can't happen but that would be a huge step for a head coach's second job after just 3, 4 or 5 years. FWIW, I don't see Mack leaving anyway. One thing to keep in mind, and I have NO idea if it matters, but they have the same agent.
February 28, 20188 yr How many of those guys grew up 5 minutes from the university and has their entire family still here? Only one that I can think of, and he left. But virtually all have had young children in schools and started a family in the area. Most do not get into the collegiate coaching profession assuming they will never move. Some are content with their situations.
February 28, 20188 yr Drew McDonald was named to the 1st team all conference. Lavone Holland was named to the 2nd team all conference. Jalen Tate was named to the conference all-freshman & all-defensive teams.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.