Open Job: Pikeville

Kristy Orem is stepping down from her positions as girl's basketball coach and director of athletics at Pikeville Independent Schools. Under her guidance, the Lady Panthers won five of the last six 15th Region championships.

GLYjs2LXMAALZXv.thumb.jpeg.5a855eb605ec1ae2167e4db8b000679d.jpeg

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, gbballfan21 said:

Is this serious? Completely wild to think that Coach Orem is not coming back .... what in the wide world of sports is going on?!?

Coach Orem sounds amazing but after 27 years who can fault her.

19 hours ago, theguru said:

Coach Orem sounds amazing but after 27 years who can fault her.

I hate to sound selfish ...but we are losing great coaches in every sport across the board. Coach Orem has done an incredible job. First class. I have a soft spot for great coaches of female athletes. Coach always seemed to get the best out of the student athletes she was responsible for.

I hope she enjoys her time away ... and I also hope she gets the itch to come back soon.

This is such a shame.  Coach Orem has a lot of flair and style, and for a myriad of reasons is an easy target for "haters", but she is a WINNER, her kids love her, and this loss is not great for HS Girls Basketball.  I hope she lands another job, heck, maybe Thomas More takes a look at her, because she makes the sport better.  You don't always have to love her sideline passion, but you have to respect all that she has accomplished.