Trinity/Newport Central Catholic predictions (Sweet 16 1st Round)

Trinity vs. Newport Central Catholic (Sweet 16 1st Round)  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Trinity vs. Newport Central Catholic (Sweet 16 1st Round)

• Trinity (29-6)
    • Newport Central Catholic (28-4)

This was a game we all circled when the Sweet 16 draw was set, and while the teams may be different than we imagined, this should be a dandy of an opening round game.

Ben Weyer & the Breds knocked off 2-time defending champ CovCath in the 9th Region title game, while the Rocks beat 3 Top 20 Kentucky teams to get to this point (Male, Ballard, St. X).

Who comes out on top?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will have to go with Trinity. I have been underestimating them all year and I think with the schedule they have played this year puts them in a great position to do well. They play great team defense and really know how to disrupt the flow of a game. They have good senior leadership in Schmitt, but their success depends on their ability to shoot the 3 ball.

NCC has a great player in Weyer but I will go with Trinity to move on in this game.

If you haven't seen Jacob King play for Trinity, you are in for a real treat. Not big at all, but has a great IQ and I real solid handle and shooting game.

What are the odds I can come to Lexington, watch this game, and make it back to Louisville for a 5:00 pm meeting I can't move but that I'm only tangentially a part of?

Let's think this through.........Getslow and @Randy Parker in the same building, Getslow needs to be on the road in enough time to make a meeting in the Ville following said game, halftime for games 15 minutes...plenty of time for the resident 3rd grader to vacate the premises locate his arch-rivals vehicle...deflate tires and drop a sugar cube or two in the gas tank.

Do you really want to go now? :whistling: :lol:

Let's think this through.........Getslow and @Randy Parker in the same building, Getslow needs to be on the road in enough time to make a meeting in the Ville following said game, halftime for games 15 minutes...plenty of time for the resident 3rd grader to vacate the premises locate his arch-rivals vehicle...deflate tires and drop a sugar cube or two in the gas tank.

Do you really want to go now? :whistling: :lol:

Great ideas.