Trinity/Newport Central Catholic predictions (Sweet 16 1st Round)

Trinity vs. Newport Central Catholic (Sweet 16 1st Round)  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Trinity vs. Newport Central Catholic (Sweet 16 1st Round)

• Trinity (29-6)
    • Newport Central Catholic (28-4)

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are the odds I can come to Lexington, watch this game, and make it back to Louisville for a 5:00 pm meeting I can't move but that I'm only tangentially a part of?

Not lying, had to look up "tangentially".

Not lying, had to look up "tangentially".

I looked it up too, but I still can't figure out what it means because Louisville doesn't have a circle freeway around it that can be intersected at only a single point ... oh wait, maybe that was the wrong definition ... (kidding OD, but you should appreciate it when I tell you that I am trying to make Gary Huhn's day by dragging out the mathematical definition)

What are the odds I can come to Lexington, watch this game, and make it back to Louisville for a 5:00 pm meeting I can't move but that I'm only tangentially a part of?

Now you are just showing off your vocabulary. By the looks of things in today's C-J, I made a wise decision changing my attorney! My friendship goes back 43 years with him.

You may be a little late getting back for a 5PM meeting.

Who will Trinity have guard NCC's big boy, Weyer? How has Trinity fared this season against talented bigs? Is Weyer strictly a low pst player or does he have an outside game? Is he a good passer? For the Rocks to win, Weyer can't go wild. Trinity's tallest starter is 6'3".

Stats from KHSAA show Weyer being a very strong shooter (FGs 51.3% on 222/433; 3FGs 45.6% on 52/114; FTs 78.6% on 165/210) averaging 21.6 pts and 11.4 rebounds. What the site doesn't show is assists and blocks. Having seen NC four times this year I found these areas to be stellar. Lawnboy13 posted highlights of the 9th Region Championship game against CovCath in a separate thread. Worth watching to get a good perspective. Weyer must have had 10 blocks. He's the real deal.

Stats from KHSAA show Weyer being a very strong shooter (FGs 51.3% on 222/433; 3FGs 45.6% on 52/114; FTs 78.6% on 165/210) averaging 21.6 pts and 11.4 rebounds. What the site doesn't show is assists and blocks. Having seen NC four times this year I found these areas to be stellar. Lawnboy13 posted highlights of the 9th Region Championship game against CovCath in a separate thread. Worth watching to get a good perspective. Weyer must have had 10 blocks. He's the real deal.

Thanks. I was afraid that was the case.

I picked Trinity cause every pick I've made basketball-wise has been wrong this year. Weyer i think will have a big game, and I think Moeves and Anderson will hit some shots outside to extend Trinity's defense.

With that said.. Trinity by 5, go Breds!!!