Everything posted by Tanleomom
-
Who is attending the Sweet 16?
We'll be at tonight's games. It should be exciting!
-
Newport Central Catholic vs. Dunbar (Sweet 16 Semi-Finals) Predictions
I think Weyer is the difference and NCC wins by double digits.
-
Enrollment of Sweet 16 teams??? Anybody know?
Excellent post!
-
NewCath highlights vs. CovCath (9th Region Championship)
This was a fun night of basketball for the Ft. Thomas kids!
-
Ansley Davenport is The Joe Lay & Sons 2015-16 Girls High School Player of The Year!!
Is this a Northern Ky only award? She's a special player.
-
Enrollment of Sweet 16 teams??? Anybody know?
I thought Gremlin said that he wants classes. Hopefully nothing will ever change the Sweet 16. There's no need to pacify all the whiners that scream and cry because the path isn't easy enough. I pray that the sanctioning body never caves in to the classification crowd and ruins basketball like they did football.
-
Trinity/Newport Central Catholic predictions (Sweet 16 1st Round)
Can we get presale tickets at NCC?
-
Attendance down for 1st round
In my opinion, the City of Highland Heights should have had welcome Sweet 16 signs as you exit at Nku off 275 and as you enter the city from 471. Teams and fans should know they're arriving at a big event! They should have banners or pennants or whatever you call them on the telephone polls along US27. Flags should be flying and restaurants should be offering specials to the fans. Nku should be involved as well. Instead there's hand made parking signs and orange cones. That's it. I bet if you asked the Mayor of the city, or city council, they wouldn't even know the state tournament is in town. I hope they do those things next year and it's not too late for the tournament staying at NKU.
-
Ryle/Holmes (9th Region Championship) updates
My battery is about dead, but I'm glad I stayed!
-
Ryle/Holmes (9th Region Championship) updates
Holmes might be the fastest girls team I've seen ever.
-
Ryle/Holmes (9th Region Championship) updates
Ryle needs to keep going inside. Their size can win this game.
- Covington Catholic v Newport Central Catholic 9th Region Finals Prediction Thread
-
9th Region: Is this true?
They haven't yet. Its never sold out. And as far as I know, they've never run out of overpriced food and drinks either. To each their own. I just don't enjoy the library atmosphere at games.
-
9th Region: Is this true?
I thought the refs have been fine. Its always easy to blame the refs when you lose. The bad refs are already done for the year.
-
7 Newport Central Catholic players sign today.
Good info. Thanks for answering my question!
-
9th Region: Is this true?
I thought this "guy" was permitted to post opinions on an opinion board even though it was the free trial period? My opinion is its too expensive having the games at NKU. It does keep me from attending some nights. And I prefer the games at Holmes.
-
16th Region Postponed
They're both soft.
-
Were any current Beechwood 8th graders at NCC open house?
I'm not sure how many they had that age that played varsity. I am a fan who has read on here multiple times that a player would leave Beechwood and end up at Ncc. Beechwood people on here doubted it. I think its a question worth asking. I'm interested in knowing because it would be sad to see Beechwood lose such a quality player. If it is true, it would be another head scratcher to me.
-
Were any current Beechwood 8th graders at NCC open house?
Are there any 8th grade kids that played varsity for Beechwood this year, now looking at attending NCC? I heard a rumor today that the NCC open house may have had such a visitor. I was wondering if that was true?
-
7 Newport Central Catholic players sign today.
Congratulations to these players for continuing their playing days. My question is, do they receive any tuition from these colleges or are they all pay to play "scholarships"? If they don't receive anything, why do they need to sign? How many kids does Thomas More take?
-
9th Region: Is this true?
The atmosphere at the big arena is apathetic. Once the novelty of playing in the big arena is discounted, you get nothing imo. It's just a big empty cave. Take it back to Holmes and Conner where it belongs. I can't afford $7 cokes and $9 hot dogs or whatever it is. It's definitely big league prices. I shouldn't have to fork out $80-$90 for a family of 4 to go to a high school game and get a ticket, drink and a snack. $8 tickets??? Wow
- Overall assessment of officiating in the state?
-
Welcome to the Montgomery County Arena, 10th Region Tourney
Who's the favorite in the 10th?
-
Cooper vs. NewCath - 9th Region Opening Round Friday, March 4th at 6:30 PM
I thought Mcdonald liked hanging around the perimeter last year more than he liked to play physical. I thought him shying away and standing around the perimeter was a huge tactical mistake for NCC. He looks like a different player now that he's at NKU. He's playing much more physical. I think Weyer is far ahead of Mcdonald in terms of offense and defense. If Weyer decides he wants to dominate the paint, I think he will. Cooper is a decided underdog in this game.
-
Highlands 52 Holy Cross 44 (9th Region)
No idea. The few times I saw her play, I thought she was a nice player who could've helped Highlands in a couple years.