Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Attendance down for 1st round

Featured Replies

  • Replies 76
  • Views 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Delete. Rethinking my opinion.

  • Author
Gee, there wouldn't be any ulterior motive behind this report would there? I know "they" say numbers don't lie but numbers can be manipulated too.

 

I don't think there's an "ulterior motive" at play. I think with the change in venue, someone is just reporting numbers. I think it shows some good and bad. And the promotion/participation of the local community is what has to grow this event in NKY.

I don't think there's an "ulterior motive" at play. I think with the change in venue, someone is just reporting numbers. I think it shows some good and bad. And the promotion/participation of the local community is what has to grow this event in NKY.

 

Yes, understand, and as you can see I deleted my post because I'm rethinking my opinion.

Yes, understand, and as you can see I deleted my post because I'm rethinking my opinion.

 

The crowds have been so-so for a state tournament. The KHSAA should have done a better job of promoting the event to the area. They should have bought full-page ads in the newspaper and spots on local television. There has been almost nothing to publicize it locally.

That's not the job of the KHSAA, that's the job of the local tourism commission. City of Highland Heights or whatever is up there should be doing that. Owensboro, tourism and City promote the State Softball tourney locally, not the KHSAA.

That's not the job of the KHSAA, that's the job of the local tourism commission. City of Highland Heights or whatever is up there should be doing that. Owensboro, tourism and City promote the State Softball tourney locally, not the KHSAA.

 

It's the KHSAA's tournament, sponsored by St. Elizabeth. St. E wanted to give away free t-shirts to the 16 participating teams, and the KHSAA shot that down as well. The Chamber of Commerce received no requests from the KHSAA to purchase any type of advertising or promotions. That falls on the KHSAA.

In Friday's Enquirer, there was zilch on the Girls Sweet 16. No roundup of yesterday's games. No advance stories on NKY teams Campbell-Holmes vs. Franklin-Mercer. Not a line of agate on times for the four games today. Absolutely pathetic.

In Friday's Enquirer, there was zilch on the Girls Sweet 16. No roundup of yesterday's games. No advance stories on NKY teams Campbell-Holmes vs. Franklin-Mercer. Not a line of agate on times for the four games today. Absolutely pathetic.

 

Marc Hardin from the Enquirer is seating right in front of my as I type........I'll see what's up.

 

 

Marc is covering the Sweet 16 for the Associated Press, and he left it at that!

My suggestion would call or e-mail the Editor of the Cincinnati Enquirer.

 

Switchboard: 513-721-2700

Rick Green, Publisher 513-768-8094

Peter Bhatia,Editor and Vice President of Audience Engagement 513-768-8551

Melanie Laughman, Prep Sports Editor 513-768-8512

Michael Betz, Media & Community Relations Inquiries 513-768-8116

Jason Hoffman, Sports Strategist 513-768-8391

Edited by Lawnboy13

Marc Hardin from the Enquirer is seating right in front of my as I type........I'll see what's up.

 

 

Marc is covering the Sweet 16 for the Associated Press, and he left it at that!

My suggestion would call or e-mail the Editor of the Cincinnati Enquirer.

 

Switchboard: 513-721-2700

Rick Green, Publisher 513-768-8094

Peter Bhatia,Editor and Vice President of Audience Engagement 513-768-8551

Melanie Laughman, Prep Sports Editor 513-768-8512

Michael Betz, Media & Community Relations Inquiries 513-768-8116

Jason Hoffman, Sports Strategist 513-768-8391

 

That is pathetic. The reporter from the Enquirer is there and not covering the Sweet 16 for the local newspaper? Holmes and Campbell County both played today. From reading the Enquirer, you would have never known either were playing or the state tournament was at NKU. It sounds like the reporter's silence on the matter says he does not agree with the newspaper chiefs making the decision not to cover it.

That is pathetic. The reporter from the Enquirer is there and not covering the Sweet 16 for the local newspaper? Holmes and Campbell County both played today. From reading the Enquirer, you would have never known either were playing or the state tournament was at NKU. It sounds like the reporter's silence on the matter says he does not agree with the newspaper chiefs making the decision not to cover it.

 

I was told James Weber is covering for the Enquirer......he has been here every day, I'm willing to bet he's not HAPPY his efforts are "all for not".

 

This is all on the "higher ups" at the Enquirer.

I was told James Weber is covering for the Enquirer......he has been here every day, I'm willing to bet he's not HAPPY his efforts are "all for not".

 

This is all on the "higher ups" at the Enquirer.

 

Good information. Bring back The Kentucky Post and Terry Boehmker, Tom Gamble, Richard Skinner, etc. They did a fantastic job covering preps. The Enquirer is a joke. The Northern Ky. Tribune covers the preps better than the Enquirer.

I was told James Weber is covering for the Enquirer......he has been here every day, I'm willing to bet he's not HAPPY his efforts are "all for not".

 

This is all on the "higher ups" at the Enquirer.

Thanks for looking into this. I've exchanged emails in the past with the Enquirer's asleep-at-the-wheel sports editors over reduced coverage of post-season high school tournaments, but I never thought that I'd see no coverage, if only for one day, of a major new sports event taking place just 10 miles or so from the Enquirer's office. In a nutshell, this is why I joined BGP a couple years back.

NKY Tribune web site has coverage of the Sweet 16. Enquirer can't even get the Reds final score in the paper.

It maybe down but Campbell County came out and supported their team.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.