Could Yuengling be coming to Kentucky?

Irish Cat

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's still a solid beer, and I'm all for having the option to purchase it locally. More choice is never a bad thing.

I'll gladly drink it over Bud Light & Miller Lite, but I personally don't think I could call it a solid beer anymore. But you are right, the more the better.

Do think it's one of the coolest breweries I've ever been to though. Very interesting going through the hills of Pottsville, PA.

This would have excited me a lot more 4-5 years ago.

I like it because at least I'll have a cheap option that's family-owned that I'll feel satisfied buying.

It'll be the final nail in the coffin of me ever having to purchase from ABInBevMillerCoorsEverything International Ltd.

I like it because at least I'll have a cheap option that's family-owned that I'll feel satisfied buying.

It'll be the final nail in the coffin of me ever having to purchase from ABInBevMillerCoorsEverything International Ltd.

Basically my stance. As a beer it's overrated, but when it's the same price as Bud it's hard to pass up.

Basically my stance. As a beer it's overrated, but when it's the same price as Bud it's hard to pass up.

This exactly!

Yuengling has bottling plants in Pennsylvania and Florida, so assuming they aren't opening a new one, it doesn't make sense logistically that they would send beer to Arkansas or especially Texas. Kentucky is rather 'surrounded' by Yuengling states, with Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia and Ohio all having Yuengling distribution already, so I can see it being a pretty logical next step, although Mississippi is also right there by Alabama and Tennessee as well.

If I were to guess, I'd say Kentucky gets it.

Edited by Colonels_Wear_Blue

I'll gladly drink it over Bud Light & Miller Lite, but I personally don't think I could call it a solid beer anymore. But you are right, the more the better.

Do think it's one of the coolest breweries I've ever been to though. Very interesting going through the hills of Pottsville, PA.

My wedding reception was held in Pottsville, PA. One of my early dates with my wife was a trip to the Yuengling brewery. I've always been a big fan of Yuengling. With all the craft beers available, it's clearly not the best. But it certainly would become my everyday beer and I'd probably never willingly drink Bud Light again, if Yuengling came to KY.