Coach K legitimized Calipari's blueprint

Hellbird

Coach Cal has always gotten ridiculed and labeled a cheat and someone who is ruining the college game because of his recruiting of the best players who end up being one and dones.

We we all know the Hypocriscy that exist in the media and fandom of the game which is why you will now see people

coming out of the woodwork praising the way Coach K has "adapted" to the one and donE's and now he will

be praised by the very same people who bashed Cal for basically creating what college basketball has become

and wrote the blueprint on how to win.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Duke had senior leadership, UK did not, there is the difference.
?? Where? Looked like me that T Jones was the leader of

that team. UK had 2 Junior leaders. Duke had more

freshmen starters than UK. Doesn't matter who the team "Leaders" are. MKG a was one of the best leaders I've seen on any team for a long time and he was a freshman.

I think Calipari legitimized his own blueprint. He & K are presently at the head of the class in terms of college basketball coaches because they are both visionaries.

I just ralphed when reading about Cal being a visionary... but the point is made. Calipari's system has all the legitimacy it needs given he's been to four Final Fours in his short time at Kentucky and won a title.

"I have a great group. I have 8 guys, and 4 of them are freshmen. And they believe in one another."

"We told them, like we do most of the time, is just be themselves. When they are themselves, we have a great chance to win. And if we didn't win, then somebody beat us when we would be at our best."

"Throughout the whole season, that was my main message to my team. Because I love them .. I trust them .. they trust one another."

(on repeating) "Well, if all those guys came back, then we'd have a little better chance."

http://www.today.com/id/49063771/ns/today-today_video/#57211878

Those quotes attributable to Duke's legendary head coach Mike Krzyzewski. If you didn't know better, you'd think it was Cal speaking.

"I have a great group. I have 8 guys, and 4 of them are freshmen. And they believe in one another."

"We told them, like we do most of the time, is just be themselves. When they are themselves, we have a great chance to win. And if we didn't win, then somebody beat us when we would be at our best."

"Throughout the whole season, that was my main message to my team. Because I love them .. I trust them .. they trust one another."

(on repeating) "Well, if all those guys came back, then we'd have a little better chance."

TODAY Video - latest TODAY show clips, news, video | TODAY.com

Those quotes attributable to Duke's legendary head coach Mike Krzyzewski. If you didn't know better, you'd think it was Cal speaking.

Aren't there 11 guys on the team? Is there something I'm missing here? I know there are only 8 scholarship players, but it seems like he's completely dismissing his non-scholarship players. Aren't they there every practice banging away at the 8 making them better?