• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not even close.

More wins, more NCAA tournament wins...by a lot, more

final fours all

in the last 11 seasons than Coach K.

shoot anymore Coach K is lucky to get out of the 3rd round.

2 National Titles for Coach K in the same 5 years that Cal has been at UK.

Neither did a 38-1 Kentucky. My point is they were recruited for 1 to 2 years and then they were on their way to the NBA. Cal didnt start this phenomenon. The NBA started it.

Actually the 38-1 team did win conference tournament and regular season titles. The 2012 team also won a national title, again more than the fab 5 did. So as PP92 says, don't let facts ruin all of the fab 5's dissapointing seasons.

Now I also never said coach cal started the one and done phenom, every single college coach started on the same level playing field. What Coach Cal did do is show how to coach such young kids to play as a team. Finally other coaches have begun to learn from the Coach Cal and are now following the same blue print. Coach K was the student, Coach Cal was the professor.

Actually the 38-1 team did win conference tournament and regular season titles. The 2012 team also won a national title, again more than the fab 5 did. So as PP92 says, don't let facts ruin all of the fab 5's dissapointing seasons.

Now I also never said coach cal started the one and done phenom, every single college coach started on the same level playing field. What Coach Cal did do is show how to coach such young kids to play as a team. Finally other coaches have begun to learn from the Coach Cal and are now following the same blue print. Coach K was the student, Coach Cal was the professor.

Nah, Coach K chose better freshmen. That ain't a blueprint. That's being a better recruiter. Quality over quantity. Congrats on your Final Four appearance though. :thumb:

I love to see UK fans celebrating Final Fours now. How the mighty have fallen. Congrats on your Final Four this year. :lol2: :lol2:

I understand how Duke fans celebrate just getting out of the first round. Congrats on not failing for the 3rd time in 4 years.

when you want to learn about the game give me a call

Edited by Hellbird

Nah, Coach K chose better freshmen. That ain't a blueprint. That's being a better recruiter. Quality over quantity. Congrats on your Final Four appearance though. :thumb:

Yeah coach k has definitely been drafting his players into the pros like coach cal. He's a far better recruiter. Your right.

I understand how Duke fans celebrate just getting out of the first round. Congrats on not failing for the 3rd time in 4 years.

Duke Never missed the ncaa tournament in the since 94 or something like that. But this awesome UK team lost the first round of the NIT. Nice case on Duke's first round losses.

Duke Never missed the ncaa tournament in the since 94 or something like that. But this awesome UK team lost the first round of the NIT. Nice case on Duke's first round losses.

Yet in the last 11 seasons even though Coach Cal only made the tourney 8 times and Coach K made it all 11 seasons, Coach Cal still

has more wins, more final fours than Coach K and it isn't even close. Coach Cal has more than 10 more wins. Even with a NIT year he still dominates Coach K's wins in the NCAA

^ Be honest. Would you rather have Dukes last 5 years or UKs last 5 years? To hellbird

I'd take UK's in a heartbeat. Much much better. 4 final 4's. Yea I'd take UK's.

Now ow with that said I'd take Dukes gift seedings and easy path each year. If UK had that overrated seeding every year the past 5 years I'm sure UK would have 4 finals. I'd take another title, but over the last 5 years UK has definately overall performed better in the tourney. Only year I'd trade would be 2010

Says the guy happy about going to Final Fours. :lol2: :lol2: Hasn't UK lost in the first round of the NIT in the last five years? :lol2: :lol2: Child, please. :lol2: