Does Coach Cal Leave for NBA?

Now that the season is over and all the talk will start heating up about Cal heading out to the NBA like it always does.

So does Cal leave this season?

I'll probably get blasted for this but I think/hope he does need to leave. Ever since he's been here he's had some of the best talent in the nation but yet only 1 title to show for it, yes he's been to the final four about 4 years but that's it, more than likely any other coach in the NCAA would have at least 2-3 titles to show for it if they had the talent that he's had. Let's see if I remember this correctly, when Coach Cal was hired, he made the comment that he wasn't worried about championships, he was worried about getting players to the NBA.

With that being said, I hope he does leave. If he's so worried about getting kids to the NBA, let him go coach in the NBA again. Get someone in here that can get top players like Mike (Duke), Izzo, Donovan, Self, Williams, Few among other top coaches and keep those players for 3-4 years instead of 1 year.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know we are all upset and hungover, but its too early to be drinking. Put down the bourbon dude.

No Bourbon, don't even drink but I think it's ridiculous that he gets all this talent that's suppose to be the best in the nation for the past 5-6 years and has 1 title for it...I really do hope leaves so that Kentucky can get someone in here that can coach and actually keep players instead of pushing them on to the NBA like Cal does

No Bourbon, don't even drink but I think it's ridiculous that he gets all this talent that's suppose to be the best in the nation for the past 5-6 years and has 1 title for it...I really do hope leaves so that Kentucky can get someone in here that can coach and actually keep players instead of pushing them on to the NBA like Cal does

That's a ridiculous idea. Only one championship and 4 final fours is pretty damn good for anyone at this day in time, whether they have the most talent or not. The best team doesn't always win the title.

That's a ridiculous idea. Only one championship and 4 final fours is pretty damn good for anyone at this day in time, whether they have the most talent or not. The best team doesn't always win the title.

That maybe true but only 1 title to show for it? IF any other top coach in the nation had the talent that Cal has had, they would have more than 1 title to show for it...

Take a paycut? NBA Teams can offer more $$$ than Kentucky can plus if it's Cleveland, he would have a chance to coach his big buddy LBJ

He makes more money at Kentucky than most of the NBA coaches do. I forget the names but this was talked about last year and there were only a few NBA coaches that make more than Cal. Throw in the fact that the NBA plays more than double the number of games that college does and yes, even if he were the highest paid coach in the NBA he would be taking a pay cut if you break it down by $'s per game.

That maybe true but only 1 title to show for it? IF any other top coach in the nation had the talent that Cal has had, they would have more than 1 title to show for it...

True. No other coach could get this amount of talent but if they could there are coaches that would have won more than one title.

Take a paycut? NBA Teams can offer more $$$ than Kentucky can plus if it's Cleveland, he would have a chance to coach his big buddy LBJ

Cal makes about what the top NBA coaches do now, doesn't he? Add in all the perks of being a god in KY and I think he steps down financially.

You can keep players by recruiting middle of the road players and going 18-14 each year. Would you be happy then. Any kid who can make thje jump to NBA and doesn't is not realistic. The purpose of going to college is to prepare yourself for obtaining a good job when you get out, regardless of whether you are an athlete or accountant. Those that leave early are accomplishing exactly that.

That's an opinion and your entitled to it. The thing is no other coach in the country can get the talent Cal does on a consistent basis, so its a moot point.