2015 Class A Preaseason Top 10

Bac2369

I have did some extreme studying on a top 10 for the upcoming 2015 Class A top 10.

1 Beechwood - They return QB Fieger and running back stringer and wide receiver Brett Slusher. Should have another senior line to run behind. Does need others to step up.

2 Raceland- Returns a lot of talent from a semi young team last season and has two runningbacks that should put up big numbers in Synder and Christian. But a QB must be replace to balance there offense. Defense will be the Rams strong point again

3 Paintsville- They were a big surprise last year shocking Pikeville in the 2nd round of the playoffs They return a lot as well in QB Kash Daniel and will be picking up running back Kent Phelps who set out with injury last season as well as WR Matt Miller. They return other key pieces as well but defense is where they will need help

4 Pikeville- They return probably Class A best back if he can stay healthy for the whole year. They return 3 of the 5 O-linemen from last year and should have players such as Blake Charles, Anthony Vanderbeck, Clay Slone and John Ray step up next year.

5 Hazard- They lose star running back Brandon Jones to graduation but they are not lacking talent. They will have senior WR Jacob Blanton back who tore his ACL in the Pikeville game back next year who will help out tremendously with other weapons such as Jason Johnson, Braxton Whitaker, Cade Fletcher and Dan Turner. Hazard also pick up a running back and offensive lineman from Perry Central in Austin and Corey Smith who will help make the offense more balanced in my opinion and make them a hard team to defend. Hazard also get a heck of a freshmen class next season who may see quite a bit of playing time as well. Cole Ratliff a senior may possibly take over at QB since Tanner Morgan transferred back to Ryle but Hazard could have Baliey Blair play QB if he can adjust to the speed from 7th and 8th grade to High school. If the freshmen does get to start Ratliff only adds to weapons in the passing game. I think Hazard returns more the Pikeville and could be worthy of the 4 spot but with Pikeville beating them the past 2 years I just cant put them ahead of Pikeville especially after the Pikeville running back put up 300 rushing yards against them last year

6 Russellville- Could very well be a dangerous team next year and I think have an excellent shot at making it to state next year. But Josh Bigbee and Johnny Drumgole will need to step up and carry the load after some excellent talent graduates. Line play for Russellville will be key.

7 Frankfort- Hit very hard with graduation but Frankfort will have talent as Anthony Robinson returns and to help him will be Malik Frank. Kids Like Deshawn Newton, Josh Jones and many others will need to contribute. They to return some good talent in the trenches which will only help the Panthers next season. But my question is do you let Robinson play QB full time or let the Newton kid play and give a weapon out in space.

8 Fairview- This team could be very dangerous as well. They return there big tall and strong QB in Alex Roy and with WR Antwan Washing and John Ruggles who will contribute in the passing game. They also return 4 of the 5 offensive lineman from last season which can help big time in the new passing system that new Coach Fred Ray has put together. But Fairview will need to add a running to help them keep teams honest and throw them off balance.

9 Williamsburg- The state runner up team usually isn't this low in rankings usually but the loss of a huge senior class hurts there chances big time at making it back to state for the 3rd straight time with only 3 players who seen significant playing time in the games that were competitive. Austin Huskey, Stone Hughett and Dalton Shackleford will have to help a young team out with there game experience if Williamsburg is to be successful in 2015 season.

10 Campbellsville- Very Dangerous team for 2015. Kendon Young will be the heart and soul of this team again but he will have others to help fill in the void. This team will be senior dominate next season and will be ready to try to make it to Bowling Green. But Campbellsville has moved to the west side of the brackets now with the new alignment and the road will be tough with teams like Beechwood, Frankfort , and Russellville in your way.

Teams that could have a shot at being in the Top 10 are Louisville Holy Cross, Harlan and Kentucky Country Day.

Whats your thoughts of my predictions and What is your opinion for next season?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paris has improved greatly over the past few years. I do think they have a chance at the Top 10 as well. They will have a heavy class of seniors next year as well. Nice eye there. I do think they will own there new district.