2015 Class A Preaseason Top 10

Bac2369

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The teams that I fear the most as a Beechwood fan are Hazard, Frankfort and Russellville.

Hazard - They just seem to have a heck of a program there. I remember how tough they were when Beechwood beat them in the 2008 title game. They pulled off the shocking win in the 2011 title game. They have won a state title. Who else in 1A has a title in the past 15 years?

Frankfort - They beat Beechwood in 2013 and they always have some great players.

Russellville - Fear of the unknown. They never could get past Mayfield, but neither could Beechwood.

What do they return?

Not much in the way of starters, but still a big senior class for a single A school next year. A class that has the benefit of an extra season in practice from post season runs, and a class that played tons of snaps last season.

It would be wise to not overlook Williamsburg. They will be rough out the gate, but by playoff time they will be competing with the best.

This year is a big test for their program with all the talent they lost. If they make a deep playoff run, that will be a big statement about their program.

This year is a big test for their program with all the talent they lost. If they make a deep playoff run, that will be a big statement about their program.

If they win the district and make region finals it will be a good year. They can do that and then se, however that should be the minimum for a successful season.

If they win the district and make region finals it will be a good year. They can do that and then se, however that should be the minimum for a successful season.

I agree, that is the minimum. If they don't do that, it would be disappointing IMO, based on what I see in their district and who they would face in the first two rounds of the playoffs.

I agree, that is the minimum. If they don't do that, it would be disappointing IMO, based on what I see in their district and who they would face in the first two rounds of the playoffs.

My understanding is district next year will be Burg, Lynn Camp, Pineville and Harlan. They are opposite Hazard's district but not sure what teams are in it now.

My understanding is district next year will be Burg, Lynn Camp, Pineville and Harlan. They are opposite Hazard's district but not sure what teams are in it now.

I found the new district lineup:

Class 1A

District 1 – Crittenden County, Fulton City, Fulton County, Russellville

District 2 –Bethlehem, Campbellsville, Caverna, Fort Knox

District 3 – Eminence, Frankfort, Holy Cross (Louisville), Kentucky Country Day

District 4 – Beechwood, Bellevue, Dayton, Ludlow

District 5 – Berea, Bishop Brossart, Bracken County, Nicholas County, Paris

District 6 – Fairview, Paintsville, Raceland

District 7 – Harlan, Lynn Camp, Pineville, Williamsburg

District 8 – Hazard, Jenkins, Phelps, Pikeville, South Floyd

5th place team from District 8 as the 4th place in District 6 for playoff brackets

5th place team from District 5 will not advance to playoffs

05/13/14 ? Final Adopted Alignment for 2015 to 2018 Playing Seasons (revised 7/14/2014) | Kentucky High School Athletic Association

The teams that I fear the most as a Beechwood fan are Hazard, Frankfort and Russellville.

Hazard - They just seem to have a heck of a program there. I remember how tough they were when Beechwood beat them in the 2008 title game. They pulled off the shocking win in the 2011 title game. They have won a state title. Who else in 1A has a title in the past 15 years?

Frankfort - They beat Beechwood in 2013 and they always have some great players.

Russellville - Fear of the unknown. They never could get past Mayfield, but neither could Beechwood.

Great post. Hazard will have some good players return for the 2015 season but losing a back like Brandon Jones will hurt. But I expect Hazard to throw the ball a little more and utilize its speed and get there player makers the ball in space. Hazards best receiver and linebacker tore an ACL in the first game of the season. Hazard will get a good freshmen class coming and I think those kids will win a state title there junior or senior year. I really enjoyed the 2008 game with Beechwood. I just wish the Meehan kid hadn't of transferred to LCA otherwise Hazard would of had another weapon across the middle in the passing game. I hope to see another Hazard and Beechwood game sometime.

Frankfort is a very dangerous team as they always have playmakers but there line will be key to there success. That is the question mark for the 2015 season.

Russellville a team that has been in Mayfields shadow since they dropped from 3A to 1A. Never gotten over the hump and playing them close and even leading in some of those games before Mayfield showed its composure and playing all 4 quarters and not getting in a panic. They do return some good talent but can those returning players pick up the slack from a solid senior class graduating and losing a solid offensive line as well.

Well round 1 should be a cake walk for them if they are 1 seed. But round 2 they will get either Pikeville or Hazard and then if they beat one of the two mentioned then in round 3 they will most likely get the other team which is a brutal road ahead.