Why would Bob Beatty consider leaving Trinity?

theguru

I wonder if there is some type of retirement benefit threshold he has reached as a teacher. He's been at Trinity 15 years, I think, which is a fairly long tenure. It may be like principal Jim Jury leaving Ballard for Male...,..might just want a new challenge.

I know nothing of what he did before he came to Trinity. Was he @ a public school before? If so, then that might be a reason, BUT it all depends on whether that state will accept his prior teaching experience & years in & convert them into their retirement program. (I have little to no knowledge on how that plays out, please understand)

By seeing the pics of their complex, maybe they are willing & able to throw an insane amount of $$$$ @ a coach & that his current school cant come near that figure, (I have zero knowledge of what he makes @ Trinity)

Not sure how competitive football there is compared to here.

multiple things can play a role in wanting to make a change, no matter how successful you are.

Money? A new challenge? Internal issue at Trinity? Scared of X? (Okay I have to have some fun with this) Unhappy with the KHSAA? Warmer weather? Something else?

My opinions: He is unhappy with new district. The only meaningful record left to challenge at Trinity would be to better Dennis Lampley's 50 game win streak. This puts him closer to his Ozark Mountain lake house. More $$$$$ without teaching responsibilities. Word of a young man receiving $120,000.00 salary to be head coach of a high school in Alabama is circulating at Trinity. The fellow was hired to be a COACH. No teaching responsibilities. So, this could a pride thing for Bob Beatty. Simply trying to better his position or status. His wife can retire from teaching anytime she wants. His children are grown. No deep ties to Louisville. But will the Arkansas people want a coach for 6 or 7 years? C-J stated he is 59. Will he coach until 70? The whole deal may be a way to entice another raise from THS. He has applied elsewhere, withdrawing from contention both times (we know of).

Yes, he came from public school system in Kansas City.

I wish him the best regardless of how this plays out.

My opinions: He is unhappy with new district. The only meaningful record left to challenge at Trinity would be to better Dennis Lampley's 50 game win streak. This puts him closer to his Ozark Mountain lake house. More $$$$$ without teaching responsibilities. Word of a young man receiving $120,000.00 salary to be head coach of a high school in Alabama is circulating at Trinity. The fellow was hired to be a COACH. No teaching responsibilities. So, this could a pride thing for Bob Beatty. Simply trying to better his position or status. His wife can retire from teaching anytime she wants. His children are grown. No deep ties to Louisville. But will the Arkansas people want a coach for 6 or 7 years? C-J stated he is 59. Will he coach until 70? The whole deal may be a way to entice another raise from THS. He has applied elsewhere, withdrawing from contention both times (we know of).

Yes, he came from public school system in Kansas City.

I wish him the best regardless of how this plays out.

Excellent information, thanks.

And I wish Coach Beatty the best no matter what happens.

If he's from that area I could certainly see the attraction. Nearing retirement so you want to squeeze in a few more years at a higher salary while moving back and at the same time meeting a new challenge. I hope he stays as he's good for KY football but if he does go I certainly wish him the best.

Money? A new challenge? Internal issue at Trinity? Scared of X? (Okay I have to have some fun with this) Unhappy with the KHSAA? Warmer weather? Something else?

Close. Wait for it..........................................:popcorn: