Mason County Fieldhouse turns 50 today

Mason County's storied home floor is a half-century old today, just slightly younger than Clizzy & significantly younger than Papa.

I've been a 10th Region boys basketball fan for as long as I can remember. A bunch of great memories about that place, whether it's outstanding games, tremendous individual performances, or just the atmosphere The Fieldhouse has during the 10th Region Tournament. It is undoubtedly my favorite place to watch high school basketball.

Of course, the popcorn is what sets The Fieldhouse apart from all others.

Danny Weddle has been tweeting some interesting nuggets of info about The Fieldhouse:

* Mason County's record at The Fieldhouse is 664-197.

* It has been the site of an NBA exhibition game between the St. Louis & Cincinnati Royals; the Harlem Globetrotters & UK blue-white games.

* Mason County's first varsity game in The Fieldhouse was an 82-63 win over Ripley (OH).

* Randy Parker has eaten 173 bags of popcorn at The Fieldhouse.

Danny Weddle has been tweeting some interesting nuggets of info about The Fieldhouse:

* Mason County's record at The Fieldhouse is 664-197.

* It has been the site of an NBA exhibition game between the St. Louis & Cincinnati Royals; the Harlem Globetrotters & UK blue-white games.

* Mason County's first varsity game in The Fieldhouse was an 82-63 win over Ripley (OH).

* Randy Parker has eaten 173 bags of popcorn at The Fieldhouse.

more like eleventy billion :thumb:

There isnt a better place to have a high profile tournament in the state IMO. There isnt anything like the Fieldhouse in March...

Great stuff. One of the largest high school basketball crowds i ever remember seeing in the place was for the 1984 10th Region Final between Bourbon County and Pendleton County.

Pendleton County had high-scoring Talbert Turner, but Bourbon County won and made it all the way to the State Championship game before falling to Logan County.

Great stuff. One of the largest high school basketball crowds i ever remember seeing in the place was for the 1984 10th Region Final between Bourbon County and Pendleton County.

Pendleton County had high-scoring Talbert Turner, but Bourbon County won and made it all the way to the State Championship game before falling to Logan County.

Jeff Royce? Or Royse? Is that right?

Was there that night. Couldn't have squeezed another person in there with a shoehorn. One of our most disappointing losses in the Fieldhouse.

I can't think of the fieldhouse without thinking of Mitch Orth. At the time I was still new to the 10th region and he promised me I would fall in love with just one visit to the fieldhouse. We had scheduled our roadtrip and Mitch suddenly passed away the night before. RIP buddy!

For the record, as always, young Mitch was right!

I can't think of the fieldhouse without thinking of Mitch Orth. At the time I was still new to the 10th region and he promised me I would fall in love with just one visit to the fieldhouse. We had scheduled our roadtrip and Mitch suddenly passed away the night before. RIP buddy!

For the record, as always, young Mitch was right!

RIP my friend. A great guy who was such a positive influence on all the boys he coached! Loved him so much!