Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mason County Fieldhouse turns 50 today

Featured Replies

East Carter's Middle school (7th and 8th grade) played Mason Co. Middle there last night I guess on the 50 anv.Pretty cool!

 

This brings back some great memories for me. I had the privilege of coaching my middle school team there years ago. How long ago? Pollitt, Jackson and Feldhaus were common names at that time in Mason County. How long ago? Double knit pants and leisure suits were popular. Ruined two pairs of double knit pants two consecutive nights from a burr on a bleacher screw. Not many wins there but great times!

  • Replies 56
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • My first ever trip to the Fieldhouse was the Bourbon County vs. Pendleton County final in 1984. Everyone that says it was packed full is absolutely correct. My cousin and I sat in the front row in t

Posted Images

Come and see me at the scores table Saturday night. I will be there. Can't wait! Met Can't Coach last week.

 

So there's no chance of you getting thrown out of this game before I get to you, right?! :banana:

So there's no chance of you getting thrown out of this game before I get to you, right?! :banana:

 

Precedent has been set. The guy is obviously a troublemaker.

So there's no chance of you getting thrown out of this game before I get to you, right?! :banana:

 

I'd be careful...I'm not sure what he's capable of!

As long as that trigger happy Referee is not doing the game, which I know he is not, I'm good and promise I will be there. MCPapa will have my back if I get in trouble!

As long as that trigger happy Referee is not doing the game, which I know he is not, I'm good and promise I will be there. MCPapa will have my back if I get in trouble!

 

Sorry. Mind in the proverbial gutter this morning.

 

 

Clark: Could I do your back, honey?

Ellen: I've already done my back.

Clark: Could I do your front?

Ellen: Go do your own front.

Spent a lot of time at Fieldhouse from 2006-2011, so many great memories.

 

The last game I went to was the Pendleton/Mason region game from 2011, still upset about all that loss, but I digress.

 

So before the game, I go to the scorers table, I can't even remember why. So was talking to someone, mentioned my user name on here "homeless camel" and Mike Murphy's name comes up. Whoever I was talking to, said yeah, Mike was there at the table one time, pointed in my direction since I always sat in same spot for games. He said, yeah, that guy over there is homeless camel off BGP. I was so moved by that, I don't think I had ever met him. So I have some special memories from great teams I saw play in that 5 years, but that really touched me knowing how many people read/post on this place.

 

I just wish I had my old post count, I think I was near 10,000 all those years ago. :lol2:

My first ever trip to the Fieldhouse was the Bourbon County vs. Pendleton County final in 1984. Everyone that says it was packed full is absolutely correct. My cousin and I sat in the front row in the west corner of the visitors side. And not comfortably I might add. We were basically falling off the bleacher. Also attended that Maysville vs. Harrison County final as well. My favorite memory has to be the Augusta vs. Mason County district semifinal in 2013 won by Augusta 72-61. The frustration of 27 straight losses was erased with the victory. But back to the building itself. I have been to many many gyms in the state but no gym anywhere matches the Fieldhouse. Loved listening to Marty Wallingford. Still one of the best ever. And walking in the doors after walking through the lobby and seeing the place packed full of fans is just an amazing sight. It is an iconic structure in this area and should be appreciated by basketball fans no matter who they root for. It is the Royals home floor but it means so much more than that. Just remembered this and some may not even notice this but, being at the regional tournament watching the first game of the night when a team playing the second game arrives and their fans stand up and cheer as they make their way by to their locker room. It's got an old school feel but has been updated enough to make it just right for today. I'll end with a shout out to whoever is responsible for keeping the place clean, they do an amazing job.

My first ever trip to the Fieldhouse was the Bourbon County vs. Pendleton County final in 1984. Everyone that says it was packed full is absolutely correct. My cousin and I sat in the front row in the west corner of the visitors side. And not comfortably I might add. We were basically falling off the bleacher. Also attended that Maysville vs. Harrison County final as well. My favorite memory has to be the Augusta vs. Mason County district semifinal in 2013 won by Augusta 72-61. The frustration of 27 straight losses was erased with the victory. But back to the building itself. I have been to many many gyms in the state but no gym anywhere matches the Fieldhouse. Loved listening to Marty Wallingford. Still one of the best ever. And walking in the doors after walking through the lobby and seeing the place packed full of fans is just an amazing sight. It is an iconic structure in this area and should be appreciated by basketball fans no matter who they root for. It is the Royals home floor but it means so much more than that. Just remembered this and some may not even notice this but, being at the regional tournament watching the first game of the night when a team playing the second game arrives and their fans stand up and cheer as they make their way by to their locker room. It's got an old school feel but has been updated enough to make it just right for today. I'll end with a shout out to whoever is responsible for keeping the place clean, they do an amazing job.

 

Great post; I have to concur with many of your observations.

 

One of the cool things at regional tourney time is running into old friends. And I always go over and look at the HOF plaques even though I've seen them time and time again - just seems like the thing to do during the tournament.

 

It is fun bringing a first-time visitor to Maysville over to the Fieldhouse and hearing them say, "That's your BASKETBALL GYM"?!

Great post; I have to concur with many of your observations.

 

One of the cool things at regional tourney time is running into old friends. And I always go over and look at the HOF plaques even though I've seen them time and time again - just seems like the thing to do during the tournament.

 

It is fun bringing a first-time visitor to Maysville over to the Fieldhouse and hearing them say, "That's your BASKETBALL GYM"?!

 

 

That's reaction I get when I tell them, a high school gym that can nearly seat 5,000. One of, if not, the biggest high school gym in state.

I've been to Henry County and Montgomery County, two of the biggest other gyms I know of, but neither have that feel that you get when the Fieldhouse is packed and it's win or go home time.

Spent a lot of time at Fieldhouse from 2006-2011, so many great memories.

 

The last game I went to was the Pendleton/Mason region game from 2011, still upset about all that loss, but I digress.

 

So before the game, I go to the scorers table, I can't even remember why. So was talking to someone, mentioned my user name on here "homeless camel" and Mike Murphy's name comes up. Whoever I was talking to, said yeah, Mike was there at the table one time, pointed in my direction since I always sat in same spot for games. He said, yeah, that guy over there is homeless camel off BGP. I was so moved by that, I don't think I had ever met him. So I have some special memories from great teams I saw play in that 5 years, but that really touched me knowing how many people read/post on this place.

 

I just wish I had my old post count, I think I was near 10,000 all those years ago. :lol2:

 

That was me that Mike told that to and I had no idea who you was and don't know how he knew. Mike is still being missed to this day. Very Sad!!!!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.