Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mason County Fieldhouse turns 50 today

Featured Replies

Mason County's storied home floor is a half-century old today, just slightly younger than Clizzy & significantly younger than Papa.

 

I've been a 10th Region boys basketball fan for as long as I can remember. A bunch of great memories about that place, whether it's outstanding games, tremendous individual performances, or just the atmosphere The Fieldhouse has during the 10th Region Tournament. It is undoubtedly my favorite place to watch high school basketball.

 

Of course, the popcorn is what sets The Fieldhouse apart from all others.

  • Replies 56
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • My first ever trip to the Fieldhouse was the Bourbon County vs. Pendleton County final in 1984. Everyone that says it was packed full is absolutely correct. My cousin and I sat in the front row in t

Posted Images

  • Author

Danny Weddle has been tweeting some interesting nuggets of info about The Fieldhouse:

 

* Mason County's record at The Fieldhouse is 664-197.

 

* It has been the site of an NBA exhibition game between the St. Louis & Cincinnati Royals; the Harlem Globetrotters & UK blue-white games.

 

* Mason County's first varsity game in The Fieldhouse was an 82-63 win over Ripley (OH).

 

* Randy Parker has eaten 173 bags of popcorn at The Fieldhouse.

Danny Weddle has been tweeting some interesting nuggets of info about The Fieldhouse:

 

* Mason County's record at The Fieldhouse is 664-197.

 

* It has been the site of an NBA exhibition game between the St. Louis & Cincinnati Royals; the Harlem Globetrotters & UK blue-white games.

 

* Mason County's first varsity game in The Fieldhouse was an 82-63 win over Ripley (OH).

 

* Randy Parker has eaten 173 bags of popcorn at The Fieldhouse.

 

more like eleventy billion :thumb:

 

There isnt a better place to have a high profile tournament in the state IMO. There isnt anything like the Fieldhouse in March...

Great stuff. One of the largest high school basketball crowds i ever remember seeing in the place was for the 1984 10th Region Final between Bourbon County and Pendleton County.

 

Pendleton County had high-scoring Talbert Turner, but Bourbon County won and made it all the way to the State Championship game before falling to Logan County.

I have never been to the Fieldhouse for a game. I'm hoping Mr. Cat picks up a weekend game soon so I can cross it off my bucket list. :thumb:

  • Author
I have never been to the Fieldhouse for a game. I'm hoping Mr. Cat picks up a weekend game soon so I can cross it off my bucket list. :thumb:

 

Saturday night...LexCath at Mason.

 

Tuesday night (I think)...Holmes at Mason.

  • Author
Great stuff. One of the largest high school basketball crowds i ever remember seeing in the place was for the 1984 10th Region Final between Bourbon County and Pendleton County.

 

Pendleton County had high-scoring Talbert Turner, but Bourbon County won and made it all the way to the State Championship game before falling to Logan County.

 

Jeff Royce? Or Royse? Is that right?

Saturday night...LexCath at Mason.

 

Tuesday night (I think)...Holmes at Mason.

 

Mr. Cat has games both those nights. :banghead:

Jeff Royce? Or Royse? Is that right?

 

Royce. That is correct. They also had a guy named Mogge I believe. Russ Day was the coach.

  • Author
Mr. Cat has games both those nights. :banghead:

 

Tell him to use a sick day.

Great stuff. One of the largest high school basketball crowds i ever remember seeing in the place was for the 1984 10th Region Final between Bourbon County and Pendleton County.

 

Pendleton County had high-scoring Talbert Turner, but Bourbon County won and made it all the way to the State Championship game before falling to Logan County.

 

Was there that night. Couldn't have squeezed another person in there with a shoehorn. One of our most disappointing losses in the Fieldhouse.

I can't think of the fieldhouse without thinking of Mitch Orth. At the time I was still new to the 10th region and he promised me I would fall in love with just one visit to the fieldhouse. We had scheduled our roadtrip and Mitch suddenly passed away the night before. RIP buddy!

 

For the record, as always, young Mitch was right!

I've been to a lot of gyms in Kentucky and there's just something about the Fieldhouse that's special.

And I LOVED officiating there!

I can't think of the fieldhouse without thinking of Mitch Orth. At the time I was still new to the 10th region and he promised me I would fall in love with just one visit to the fieldhouse. We had scheduled our roadtrip and Mitch suddenly passed away the night before. RIP buddy!

 

For the record, as always, young Mitch was right!

 

 

RIP my friend. A great guy who was such a positive influence on all the boys he coached! Loved him so much!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.