Highlands Offseason Thread

jbwill2

Congratulations to Highlands on winning a sixth straight title last night! Now that about 12 hours have past since winning state in 2012, I think it is time to look ahead to the offseason. What spots will need to be filled? What current freshmen and sophomores could make a big impact next year? Will Collinsworth stay on as a coach, now that his sons have finished with high school football? Any updates about whether Highlands will be able to add a tenth game to the regular season schedule, to replace the Ryle game?

So many things to start pondering...

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Defense is going to be the least of their problems. They will be flat out "sick". Sick means good btw.

Offense will not miss a beat with Drew "D-Bob" Houilston leading the Birds at QB.

Not the runner that McCoy was but he will not dissapoint in '13, JMO

Will Houliston transform into a running qb like McCoy? Will additional size and muscle limit Harris's agility? Will the defense be better? How do you replace Seidl? Who are Houliston's targets in '13? These are my top 5.

No, No, Yes, with Hayes, and Hergott/Green/Brockett/Feggins/Weyer/Venneman/True

Why was Hayes out the last couple games? Anyone?

Is Cochran a Jr? If so I see him and Wrobleski being some stud backers.

Offensively they re-load. Backs will likely be Harris-Mr. Football candidate IMO, Hayes and Watson. Receivers-what stinkyboy said and the line should be strong with Schweitzer, Saunders, Turner, True and Thurston. My question would be who snaps the ball?

Also, where does Beau Hoge play next season? Backup QB like Houliston or somewhere on defense.

Im with Sweep and think the defense will be absolutely loaded with Abner, Wrobleski, Muray, Hope and Cochran returning. Lots of hitters in that group which is a nice change.

Houliston is your signal caller, he paid his dues and will have a great year. He has lots of poise and with the protection he will get and receivers he has to pick from, he could throw for well over 2000 yards.

Hopefully the kids on defense get bigger, stronger and even faster as they will be a lot of fun to watch.

Guest Birdflu
Why was Hayes out the last couple games? Anyone?

Is Cochran a Jr? If so I see him and Wrobleski being some stud backers.

Offensively they re-load. Backs will likely be Harris-Mr. Football candidate IMO, Hayes and Watson. Receivers-what stinkyboy said and the line should be strong with Schweitzer, Saunders, Turner, True and Thurston. My question would be who snaps the ball?

Also, where does Beau Hoge play next season? Backup QB like Houliston or somewhere on defense.

Im with Sweep and think the defense will be absolutely loaded with Abner, Wrobleski, Muray, Hope and Cochran returning. Lots of hitters in that group which is a nice change.

Houliston is your signal caller, he paid his dues and will have a great year. He has lots of poise and with the protection he will get and receivers he has to pick from, he could throw for well over 2000 yards.

Hopefully the kids on defense get bigger, stronger and even faster as they will be a lot of fun to watch.

Hayes was not out the last 2 games. I know he had at least one carry against Lexington Catholic and two carries against Collins. He didn't play much, but he played. I think Hoge will be a receiver even though they will have a lot of them (like McCoy was his junior year).

Hayes was not out the last 2 games. I know he had at least one carry against Lexington Catholic and two carries against Collins. He didn't play much, but he played. I think Hoge will be a receiver even though they will have a lot of them (like McCoy was his junior year).

Thanks for the clarification as I did not attend the last two games but was used to seeing his name in the summaries.

Something doesn't smell right.
It is a fact that Hayes played in the LexCath and Collins games, so clearly it's not an academic ineligibility issue, as he would not have been able to play at all had he been academically ineligible.

From an outside observer, it looked to me like Seidl really got going later in the year, and seemed to be featured more in the offense as the year progressed.

It is a fact that Hayes played in the LexCath and Collins games, so clearly it's not an academic ineligibility issue, as he would not have been able to play at all had he been academically ineligible.

From an outside observer, it looked to me like Seidl really got going later in the year, and seemed to be featured more in the offense as the year progressed.

If the kid didn't play I'd say it was because the staff deemed others better. I don't think Dale (or most coaches) subscribe to the "play the seniors first" mentality.

If the kid didn't play I'd say it was because the staff deemed others better. I don't think Dale (or most coaches) subscribe to the "play the seniors first" mentality.

Agree, why would HHS have 2 soph's staring on Defense when they have plenty of Seniors that could of filled the spot. The best players play!