Highlands Offseason Thread

jbwill2

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me ask you why then would you take Hayes off the kickoff return team and put your Qb back deep?

Yes that was definitely a head scratcher even for Dale Mueller.:rolleyes:Is McCoy dynamic? Absolutely.....Is he human and could of been injured on that "1" or any other play? You bet cha.... I guess I think there should of been someone else back there besides your starting QB. There is 97 kids on the team right? I guess the Bluebird in me would of rather HHS put someone else out there besides McCoy on kickoff return and risk losing him when someone else could of did the exact same thing as he did. I guess I was worried about if McCoy was going to be around for the State Finals. I guess that's why I'm not the varsity head coach and just a Junior Football coach. Different strokes for different folkes..........I guess!

For the record I think between Harris's bruising running style and Hayes's jet like spurts of speed, HHS will be hard to match up again next year. Add in the fact that Houliston will have 5-6 quality receivers to throw to, the offense will again be exciting but very difficult to stop and contain. Can't wait!

Guest Birdflu
For the record I think between Harris's bruising running style and Hayes's jet like spurts of speed, HHS will be hard to match up again next year. Add in the fact that Houliston will have 5-6 quality receivers to throw to, the offense will again be exciting but very difficult to stop and contain. Can't wait!

I think you can add to that a fairly impressive offensive line. And the defense should be tough also.

I'm not "in the know" or close to the program, so I just want to recap what I've read so far in this thread....

Offense - OL will be very strong, QB has a great arm, 5-6 very capable receivers, a bruiser RB and a jet like RB - offense could possibly be as good or better than this year?

Defense - played a lot of young very good players and will be as good or better than last year?

So overall the team will be as good or better than this year?

Guest Birdflu
I'm not "in the know" or close to the program, so I just want to recap what I've read so far in this thread....

Offense - OL will be very strong, QB has a great arm, 5-6 very capable receivers, a bruiser RB and a jet like RB - offense could possibly be as good or better than this

Defense - played a lot of young very good players and will be as good or better than last year?

I would say that is accurate. I am not "close" to the program either, but just from observation, I think all of this is true.

Offense - OL will be very strong, QB has a great arm, 5-6 very capable receivers, a bruiser RB and a jet like RB - offense could possibly be as good or better than this year?

I think they will be better.

Some are obviously getting their feelings hurt on here. Lets keep this discussion to next years football team of what happens on the field.

I say Birds will be overall better than this year's team. Yes, they have some studs to replace, but there are plenty ready and willing to step in. There will again be over 90 kids on the team, so numbers won't be a problem. Actually, it is, but a good one. I really see this team getting a lot of recognition preseason and as the year progresses. Remember, the 2013 version of the Birds will have 5/6 top players in the tri-state according to a local media outlet. Yes, the pressure of continuing the "Run" will be huge, but the 2013 team of coaches and players I'm sure are up to the challenge. Remember, each years team stands on the shoulders of the previous years team. Looks like they have a pretty good foundation.

"Stairway to Seven"!!!

Go Birds!!!

Hayes was told by dale that he is playing the sr's first it's their season to win or lose he has a high c avg and been to 4 colleges this year so Hayes will be fine

If he's playing SR's first then why was a Junior (Harris) starting in the backfield and getting most of the carries the last 2 games?

I was at the LexCath game until about 8 minutes left in the game and did not see Hayes on the field. Did he get in at the end? I listened to every play of the Collins game and never heard his name. Is there anybody here that was at both games and saw him out there?

And this, all after progress reports came out. Seems curious at the very least that he's suddenly cut from being in the normal RB rotation (and returning kicks) to barely playing (or not playing at all).

If there's something going on that shouldn't be discussed here, I apologize and I'll drop it. It's just that he's one of the most exciting players I've seen in a while and was disappointed that he didn't get to play much (if at all) the last couple of games.

Guest Birdflu
If he's playing SR's first then why was a Junior (Harris) starting in the backfield and getting most of the carries the last 2 games?

I was at the LexCath game until about 8 minutes left in the game and did not see Hayes on the field. Did he get in at the end? I listened to every play of the Collins game and never heard his name. Is there anybody here that was at both games and saw him out there?

And this, all after progress reports came out. Seems curious at the very least that he's suddenly cut from being in the normal RB rotation (and returning kicks) to barely playing (or not playing at all).

If there's something going on that shouldn't be discussed here, I apologize and I'll drop it. It's just that he's one of the most exciting players I've seen in a while and was disappointed that he didn't get to play much (if at all) the last couple of games.

Hayes got at least one carry against Lexington Catholic and two carries against Collins. I think Seidl got so much action against Lexington Catholic because he had so much success against them last year. Since he did so well against Lexington Catholic, he receive the bulk of the playing time against Collins. I am sure being a senior was a partial factor. As far as Harris is concerned, they have no one who is a power runner like he is. I don't buy the playing seniors because they are seniors. These are just my opinions and I have no proof or evidence to support this.

Let me ask you why then would you take Hayes off the kickoff return team and put your Qb back deep?

I have a sneaky suspicion that you already know that answer. I was confused by why McCoy was back deep too. But, it all worked out for the best.

Now, as for Hayes, he is a dynamic player. I'm wondering if he is the "big" hitter the defense is looking for. He closes in on a runner as fast as anyone I have ever seen when he played defense. And then he makes then pay for coming his way, or any way for that matter. He could return kicks next year and maybe play D.