Highlands Offseason Thread

jbwill2

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I too would like to see Harris balance it out because he is a heck of an athlete.

No comparisons but the most recent bulky power back with moves and speed was another Zack as in Hurtt. That kid carried weight and finesse better than all except when the Blueboy arrived in Ft Thomas one rainy June nite and shocked the world with his size, speed and frea k like moves. WOW! Will we ever see another Justin Frisk at Highlands? Ever?

With the rotation used for the o-line this year, center appears to be the only unknown. There are many talented receivers returning, plenty of good runners

also return and if Dale is right, Houliston has all-state talent. Defense, Mr. Hope returns and he has a real nice group of friends coming with him. The defense will be more experienced next year and the offense returns 60 tds. and close to 3800 yds. in total offense.

With the returning talent and the coaching they get it could be a fun year. We have to remember the schedule is beefed up and whomever replaces Ryle will

likely be an upgrade in schedule strength. 23n13

I figure you would like the lightening (Hayes) & thunder (Harris)

Do not forget about incoming Soph Jared Doughtery(SP). He displays a little of both with speed and his downhill running ability. It will be interesting to see which Direction Jared takes between Offense and Defense next year. I know one position that he has locked up and that is the kicking duties. I would say he takes care of all three next year...IMO! What he did at times this past year at the Varsity level stepping in and helping out was a great thing to see for the kicking game the next 3 seasons.

I too would like to see Harris balance it out because he is a heck of an athlete.

No comparisons but the most recent bulky power back with moves and speed was another Zack as in Hurtt. That kid carried weight and finesse better than all except when the Blueboy arrived in Ft Thomas one rainy June nite and shocked the world with his size, speed and frea k like moves. WOW! Will we ever see another Justin Frisk at Highlands? Ever?

Yes, his soph year I was thinking Josh Connor. This year I was left thinking Hurtt. Wonder what next year shall bring?

Do not forget about incoming Soph Jared Doughtery(SP). He displays a little of both with speed and his downhill running ability. It will be interesting to see which Direction Jared takes between Offense and Defense next year. I know one position that he has locked up and that is the kicking duties. I would say he takes care of all three next year...IMO! What he did at times this past year at the Varsity level stepping in and helping out was a great thing to see for the kicking game the next 3 seasons.

Jared is a great kid and will do big things for the birds. Personally would love to see him play defense, because I think there are more minutes available on that side of the ball.

I'm not "in the know" or close to the program, so I just want to recap what I've read so far in this thread....

Offense - OL will be very strong, QB has a great arm, 5-6 very capable receivers, a bruiser RB and a jet like RB - offense could possibly be as good or better than this year?

Defense - played a lot of young very good players and will be as good or better than last year?

So overall the team will be as good or better than this year?

Yep. Two words, Seth Hope. That boy is going to be amazing, just watch that excessive celebration. Just kidding buddy. I think the D next year could be better than this year for sure. Also, Jared Dougherty hopefully will get to play some O and D this year. He can run, hit, tackle, or whatever you want him to do. That boy is a flat out athlete. There are some other soph's that could contribute next year too. I just hope that they don't restrict JD to kicking only. It would be a waste of his talent.

Edited by FTBIGBIRD
Add

Yep. Two words, Seth Hope. That boy is going to be amazing, just watch that excessive celebration. Just kidding buddy. I think the D next year could be better than this year for sure. Also, Jared Dougherty hopefully will get to play some O and D this year. He can run, hit, tackle, or whatever you want him to do. That boy is a flat out athlete. There are some other soph's that could contribute next year too. I just hope that they don't restrict JD to kicking only. It would be a waste of his talent.

He wont do both that is for sure, at least in the current system. He will kick for sure and play where he wants on O or D but not both.

A very good athlete that can do alot of things on the football field. :thumb:

• 4 weeks later...
Any new faces other than 8th graders?

Ok I will play....

Looks like Junior to be Baseball standout Jakie Whitford is rumored to be at weights. I am hearing that he is going to go for a WR position next year. It will be a huge addition to an already stacked WR corp. Jakie is a gamer and a very nice Baseball player at Shortstop. Looks like he is going to shake up some conspiracy theories about Football players not wanting to play Baseball because of Football and Baseball players only sticking to Baseball and not playing any other sports namely Football. Jakie was a standout in the FTJFL before he thought his best interests were Baseball only. Looks like winning is becoming contagious in Ft Thomas!!! I like it....