Everything posted by REALSPORT
-
Rockies at Reds (6/19-6/21)
I haven't understood the concern about adding Votto to the team. If Bell was strictly playing 8 guys and Votto was bumping someone to the bench I guess I would understand the concern. The reality is that Bell plays 14 guys and mixes and matches based on the opponent. Why wouldn't you want to add a healthy and fresh Votto into that mix? Some of these young guys will get worn down by the length of the MLB season. I for one am happy to see him back.
-
The next Louisville River Bat that Reds fans should be excited about.
Unless an unfortunate injury occurs, I don't think we see him until after the trade deadline. He isn't currently on the 40 man roster so they would have to make a move there. Their hope is probably finding a trade partner for Newman and/or one of the catchers. Strand seems to have taken it to another level with the recent callups being gone.
-
Reds at Royals (6/12-6/14)
I'm sure that wasn't the plan. Farmer was in to close it out in the 9th but allowed the HR to tie. From what I read, Diaz wasn't available. Karcher was the 6th pitcher used. It was a battle of attrition.
-
Joe Mixon
The Bengals are light years ahead of where they used to be. That is do to the philosophy Zac Taylor has brought in.
-
Dodgers at Reds (6/6 - 6/8)
And as they sit today I think that is doable. I do think the Brewers will make moves at the deadline to improve. I don't see the Reds making a big splash. They may try to pick up an end of rotation starter.
-
Dodgers at Reds (6/6 - 6/8)
You are correct, it's a terrible division. They still only have the 10th best record in the NL, so they have a ways to go.
-
Elly De La Cruz
Don't forget who the manager is. I'd be shocked if Bell has started the same 8 in the same positions more than a handful of games this year. He plays matchups and lefty/righty and gets everyone at bats. I personally think young guys need a day off or two each week to let them observe and recharge. He will get his shot. I am surprised that EDLC hasn't played more OF in Louisville though.
-
2023 Scott Eagles
IF he never moved and has lived in the Scott school district the past several years, would it be a problem to go from a private school back to his "home" public school?
-
2023 Beechwood Tigers
Moving from the city of beautiful homes to the city of REALLY beautiful homes.
-
Michael Mayer at Las Vegas
No comment on the part of Vegas that theguru frequents. ?
-
2023 Pittsburgh Steelers
Sorry. I forgot to put quotes on that.
-
Will Levis
According to Vrabel, Levis is QB3 at the moment. Training camp and preseason will determine the order. I believe Tannehill is on the last year of his contract but it isn't guaranteed. They would take a cap hit if they cut him.
-
2023 Pittsburgh Steelers
They gotta play us! Who Dey.
-
Michael Mayer at Las Vegas
Nice place to land for fan and travel. Cheap flights and hotel rooms. I'm sure there will be Cov Cath trips organized.
-
2023 Cincinnati Bengals
Looked relieved. Players put a lot of importance in the round they are chosen. He looked relieved to get picked with the first round winding down.
-
NFL Draft chatter
This guy checks every Zac Taylor box - leader, smart, loves the game, relentless motor and position versatility. He is a faster and more athletic Sam Hubbard. With the 17 game season you have to be 2 deep on the D line. I think they probably considered Porter and Branch but the drop off in D backs for round 2/3 isn't as great as it is for Edge.
-
2023 Cincinnati Bengals
100%. I said the same thing last night.
-
Bengals Draft
I just don't see Williams having that much value right now. Jax drafted their tackle. If the Bengals want to trade Williams and get anything for him it will have to be after a team has an injury in the preseason.
-
Bengals Draft
If you take a RB or TE in round 1 then they better be playing week 1. A DB or Edge you can put into a rotation. I'd love to see a tackle but they are currently sitting with 5 guys in line to play RT. It really depends on who falls.
-
Reds extend Hunter Greene
I believe their plan is to extend no one after these team friendly type deals. I would expect he will be traded in 5 years and the cycle continues. I'm not saying that to be negative. It's the fiscally responsible thing to do if you are a small market team. Fans won't be happy though.
-
Carter County Schools is one step closer to consolidating East and West Carter High Schools
Remember the Titans. ?
-
Open Job: Newport Central Catholic
I don't know if there is any interest, but Larry Redmond is an alum and former assistant coach at Ursuline Academy.
-
Carter County Schools is one step closer to consolidating East and West Carter High Schools
They will get to know I64 very well. Montgomery Co. won't be too bad but the other schools are 2 hours.
-
2023-2024 Kentucky Wildcats
I'd like to see Oscar get that opportunity, but (in my opinion) he would need to be paired with an athletic 5 (like the guy leaving) instead of a slow plodder like Dickenson.
-
2023-2024 Kentucky Wildcats
Neither is athletic enough to be on the court together. You would have to play match ups. Since Call seemingly guarantees playing time to certain people, I'm not sure how that would work.