Joe Mixon

First there was a menacing charge (later dropped) for pointing a gun at a woman in January and now a child was shot at his home.

Is it just wrong place wrong time coincidences or does he have some real issues?

What's the word around Cincy about what's been going on with him?

2 minutes ago, Jumper_Dad said:

What's the word around Cincy about what's been going on with him?

One too many hits in the head, maybe this is how he always is only we haven't heard about all the incidents, or he knows the end is near and hasn't been handling it well.  Maybe all three. 🤷‍♀️

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

There's too much good going on with the Bengals right now. They need to cut Mixon loose ASAP. 

I agree but I also would hate to see Mixon get kicked while he is down when we are all innocent until proven guilty.  But, ultimately I agree with you Deuce, this is about the Cincinnati Bengals and not any individuals.

Who Dey!

• Like 1

It is never ending with this guy man. I love his aggression and heart out on the field, but he seems to have some serious issues off the field. We forgot to mention the surveillance camera released earlier in his career of him hitting a woman. 

Hate to lose him, but you have to cut him for all of these things building up on his record. Also, it would save Cincy a lot of money. 

I can also see the Bengals releasing Mixon and then signing him back at a huge, huge discount.

Now that assumes he doesn't lose his freedom but if he skates again he will probably be a bargain for whatever team takes a chance on him. 

From Fox19.com:

Shalonda Mixon, sister of Bengals’ running back Joe Mixon, and her boyfriend, Lamonte Brewer, have been indicted on charges in connection with the shooting that injured a 16-year-old outside of NFL star’s house, Hamilton County Prosecutor Melissa Powers announced Thursday.

The short article went on to say Joe Mixon was there but did not commit a crime.

On 3/8/2023 at 11:38 AM, TheDeuce said:

There's too much good going on with the Bengals right now. They need to cut Mixon loose ASAP. 

I agree, time for him to go. Personally, I was hoping to see him gone and Perine remain. Regardless of Perine being gone, I believe it’s time for Mixon to go.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, theguru said:

From Fox19.com:

Shalonda Mixon, sister of Bengals’ running back Joe Mixon, and her boyfriend, Lamonte Brewer, have been indicted on charges in connection with the shooting that injured a 16-year-old outside of NFL star’s house, Hamilton County Prosecutor Melissa Powers announced Thursday.

The short article went on to say Joe Mixon was there but did not commit a crime.

You are who you associate with. Show me your friends (in this case family) and I'll show you your future. Bye Joe...

11 hours ago, Tranquility Base said:

I'd think with guys like Zeke and Fournette floating around out there, Mixon is on thin ice.   Either of them, or someone like them will be a decent holdover until they find the next back.

They would be better off keeping Mixon at a reduced price than signing either one of them. 

If and when they move on from Mixon. They need to get younger and more athletic at that spot, not older and slower. 

On 3/16/2023 at 1:14 PM, theguru said:

From Fox19.com:

I've heard stuff.  And while Mixon wasn't charged, it sounds like his house was a bit of a 3 ring circus.

I'd say it's time for the Bengals to cut ties and move on. 

On 3/18/2023 at 12:35 AM, sportsfan41 said:

I've heard stuff.  And while Mixon wasn't charged, it sounds like his house was a bit of a 3 ring circus.

Fox19.com posted a picture of the gun used in the crime:

shootingatmixon.jpg

On 3/18/2023 at 12:35 AM, sportsfan41 said:

I'm wondering if Mr. Mixon will be voted the outstanding citizen award for the city this year?  He sure has made a  lot headlines this year.

• Haha 1