Joe Mixon

1 hour ago, Adrian Woj Burner said:

NOTE: The Bengals are in the final 3 teams for Ezekiel Elliott. 

Do we release Mixon if we sign him? I do not see the point in having both.  

Coach Taylor threw a little bit of cold water on this but if the price is right for both players why not have them both.  To me, it is all about price for Mixon and/or anyone we sign. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, theguru said:

Here is a headline from the Cincinnati Enquirer, the rest of the article is behind a paywall.  I am sure the details are everywhere:

The Cincinnati police detective who filed charges against Bengals running back Joe Mixon has been disciplined, the department confirmed Thursday.

From Fox19.com:

“Officer Ruberg failed to follow a directive issued by his immediate supervision. His actions were in violation and contrary to CPD’s Manual of Rules and Regulations for CPD personnel,” Cunningham tells FOX19 NOW. “Discipline action was administered according to our discipline guidelines.”

Because the case involved “a high-profile individual,” CPD supervisors ordered the case investigator to submit the case for “cursory review” before any possible charge was filed, police said in a news release last month.

===============

If you break the rules there should be a punishment.

Moving forward, none of that has anything to do with the allegation against Mixon and I will be very interested to see how it plays out.

According to Fox19.com retired Cincinnati Police Sergeant Dan Hils posted this on Facebook.  I think there is probably a lot of truth to what he had to say.  Here it is:

“We hear a lot about privilege being tied to a skin color. Truth is privilege has little to do with your skin pigmentation and much more to do with status, wealth and influence.

“Take the case of Joe who runs with a football. A few days before Joe and his team left for the playoff game in Buffalo there was a ‘road rage’ incident downtown.

“A young lady felt she was cut off by a driver and so she showed him her middle finger. She reported that the driver of that other vehicle pulled up next to her, pointed a handgun at her and said he should shoot her in the face.

“The young lady’s statement continues that she held her cell phone and told him that she was going to call the police. The male driver with the gun told her that the police can’t touch him. Well, his response might actually be rather accurate!

“A very experienced detective from the Cincinnati Police Central Business Section was assigned the case. The detective went about his work as usual. He discovered video evidence and had the reported victim in to view a photo line-up, in which she pointed out Joe who runs with a football.

“The detective signed a warrant as he typically would when having the “probable cause” necessary to go forward with a criminal charge.

“Now I will pause to pretend for a second that this was Joe who works in an office or Joe who drives a truck. Both of those Joes would have found themselves in front of judge to face their accuser. Same would have occurred if it were you or l that were accused in this case.

“However, things are different for Joe who runs with a football. There was some communication between the detective and his chain of command about a review of this case before proceeding.

“This is of course is quite unusual, as normally the detective was trusted to independently do his work. The chain of events here are a bit confusing but it was decided to pull the warrant signed by the detective.

“Nobody has suggested that the detective did not have the probable cause to sign the warrant, only that he did not get the review his bosses asked for. The detective soon found himself out of his detective’s position and in uniform patrol with a written reprimand in his pocket.

“This review process has now found its way into the highest levels of [redacted]. There are now more Generals than there are Privates involved in the investigation of this alleged misdemeanor offense. We have now surpassed two months since the report of this incident and no new warrant has yet been signed.

“I will not say that there is proof beyond a reasonable doubt in this case. That is not to be determined by an old retired Sergeant pecking away at his keyboard. That should be determined by a judge or a jury.

“I am however suggesting that things would be much different if the same circumstances involved Joe who works construction or Joe who is a disabled veteran and not a ‘high-profile’ individual. High-profile is how the police and [redacted] explained the process this investigation is now in.

“It is pure speculation on my part, but I will suggest that Joe who runs with a football will never see a courtroom in this matter. I feel that it is more likely that the reported victim will soon no longer wish to pursue this case and will be seen driving a new Lexus.

“Now that would be privilege!”

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like the above post by the retired Cincy Sgt. got some attention, from Fox19.com today:

CINCINNATI (WXIX) - A criminal charge against Cincinnati Bengals running back Joe Mixon has been refiled, the Cincinnati Police Department announced Friday.

Cincinnati police said Friday that new evidence was found during their investigation which led to the misdemeanor aggravated menacing charge against Mixon being refiled.

Mixon is scheduled to appear in court on April 19 at 12:30 p.m., according to police.

https://www.fox19.com/2023/04/07/charge-against-joe-mixon-refiled-january-incident/

20 minutes ago, theguru said:

Looks like the above post by the retired Cincy Sgt. got some attention, from Fox19.com today:

CINCINNATI (WXIX) - A criminal charge against Cincinnati Bengals running back Joe Mixon has been refiled, the Cincinnati Police Department announced Friday.

Cincinnati police said Friday that new evidence was found during their investigation which led to the misdemeanor aggravated menacing charge against Mixon being refiled.

Mixon is scheduled to appear in court on April 19 at 12:30 p.m., according to police.

https://www.fox19.com/2023/04/07/charge-against-joe-mixon-refiled-january-incident/

That entire situation has been a mess for Cincinnati PD.  I'm hoping it's a video and I'm hoping the public gets to see it.  

7 minutes ago, sportsfan41 said:

That entire situation has been a mess for Cincinnati PD.  I'm hoping it's a video and I'm hoping the public gets to see it.  

I agree on all counts, I am extremely disappointed in Cincinnati PD but I am not surprised.  

Also from Fox19.com the Bengals released a statement:

The Club is aware misdemeanor charges have been raised against Joe Mixon. The Club is monitoring the situation and will not comment further at this time.

Cincinnati Bengals.

2 minutes ago, theguru said:

Also from Fox19.com the Bengals released a statement:

The Club is aware misdemeanor charges have been raised against Joe Mixon. The Club is monitoring the situation and will not comment further at this time.

Cincinnati Bengals.

Katie's comments last week said enough. Even without this charge coming back. 

8. Any attempt to use or suggest profanity is prohibited. This means you may not use symbols to replace some or all of the letters in a word that might otherwise be blocked by the BGP word filter. Any attempt to circumvent the word filter with general abbreviations or text message abbreviations will also be considered a violation under this rule.