Will Levis

sportsfan41

Anyone know where all of the new hype for Kentucky's Will Levis is coming from?  I know he's got good size and speed for a QB and I like him as UK'S quarterback.   But with that said, I'm suddenly seeing articles all over the place talking about him being a top 5-10 draft pick.  Apparently CBS just released an article that had Levis going #1 overall.  He was ranked 47th this past year in passing yards with  2'826.  His passer rating was good but not great. 

So where do think this is all coming from?  Has he made huge improvements since last season?  What gives?

• Haha 1

He won't be the #1 pick.  It'll be between Stroud from Osu and Bryce Young from Alabama.  Levis will be 24 before he'll play in the Nfl while Stroud and Young will be 21.  But Levis is getting the hype because like you said, the size and speed he has.  Plus the arm strength is there as well.  It's not hard to see why he's being hyped up when you look at the trend of qb's being drafted the past few years.  Josh Allen is a great comparison with Levis in terms of their athletic abilities, add in Levis's production and it's easy to fall in love with the potential.

• Like 1

I'm not sure where all of the hype is coming from but I suspect we are going to see a little bit more of his talent this year.  They threw a ton of short passes, like screens and whatever to Wan'Dale Robinson this past season.  I'm wonder if they are going to potentially air it out a little more this year, which I'd imagine Levis would really want to do to give himself more of a chance to shine.

But I've noticed a lot of the recent hype too.  Saw him in a mock draft going like 7th, as the 3rd QB taken next year, and then that article yesterday.

This is unfair to Levis, IMO. 

He's a good QB, but saying he's the potential #1 overall pick (or even Top 5) is only going to make things harder on him. Assuming everyone is healthy, there it's extremely unlikely he goes before Young or Stroud. Not to mention every other position available. 

• Like 1

He threw to the UK WR's in their pro days, and supposedly looked really good.  Showed off his arm.  He essentially got NFL feedback by being the scout QB for Wandales pro day.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, okie1 said:

He threw to the UK WR's in their pro days, and supposedly looked really good.  Showed off his arm.  He essentially got NFL feedback by being the scout QB for Wandales pro day.

This makes sense.

Add all of what's been said with also the addition of a true seasoned NFL QB coach along with more options at the W/R position.  Then it's also the slow season and just adds to things to hold us over until CFB returns.  Hype for sure, but Will has a chance to be really special for UK football.  

I think old Wandale helped his stock rise. Good luck to him. Will he have a game breaking check down guy this year?? Reminds me of Mitch Trubisky...and his draft status shocked many.

• 8 months later...

Guys just came across an interesting article with a interesting take of what at least one supposedly NFL draft guru has to say about WIll Levis. I will post the link to the article below. In the article Kiper says of all of the good QB's in this years draft he says their is only one that is "that guy".

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/mel-kiper-jr-1-nfl-quarterback-prospect-is-that-guy/ar-AA16xqyo?li=BBnb7Kz

9 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

Best QB in the draft? 

6BED09FE-340B-4B64-8746-BD55B22F59D5.jpeg

A quick google search says:

Bryce Young | Alabama
C.J. Stroud | Ohio State
Anthony Richardson | Florida
Hendon Hooker | Tennessee
Cameron Ward | Washington State
Will Levis | Kentucky
Jaren Hall | BYU
Dorian Thompson-Robinson | UCLA