Will Levis

sportsfan41

48 minutes ago, bugatti said:

I'm sorry, I just don't see it. Hopefully he proves me wrong. From what I gathered he performed poorly at the combine throwing the ball. Same with Anthony Richardson at Florida. The dude completed just over 50% of his passes in COLLEGE. Let's not overthink this.

He has bust written all over him, especially if he's taken as high as they are talking. 

He's paying Kiper to talk him up, you can't convince me otherwise. 

• Like 1

We see this every year with QBs darting up draft boards; there is no formula for picking the right one and if you hit - and Levis may very well - you can't put a value on that. I felt good about Levis last year, but this year I saw regression.

7 minutes ago, bugatti said:

We see this every year with QBs darting up draft boards; there is no formula for picking the right one and if you hit - and Levis may very well - you can't put a value on that. I felt good about Levis last year, but this year I saw regression.

We Bengals fans sure know when you hit, you hit. 🙂

12 hours ago, bugatti said:

I'm sorry, I just don't see it. Hopefully he proves me wrong. From what I gathered he performed poorly at the combine throwing the ball. Same with Anthony Richardson at Florida. The dude completed just over 50% of his passes in COLLEGE. Let's not overthink this.

I just read a story on Bleacher Report said he looked better throwing the ball than any one else there. Said he hit a spot about halfway through where he was aiming too much. They also said that his throwing session started and ended strong.

I think that about 25% of a QB's success is based on who is around him on the field, 25% is on the coach/system, 25% is mental acuity for the position and 25% is on pure athletic ability and arm talent.

I think Levis can nearly max out on athletic ability.

It's been said that the offense UK ran last year was the most difficult offense in the NFL, so Levis should be able to be a little ahead of the curve digesting whatever offense is thrown at him.

So just like most every QB in history it will come down to the system he's asked to run being compatible to his mental/physical talents and having talent around him to protect a Rookie QB and relieve pressure by making plays for him.

If Levis goes to a really bad situation he could be out of the league after 1st contract. However, if he lands on a team with strong front office and coaching leadership I think he can be a Pro-Bowl QB.

Time will tell.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

I'm not in the least bit surprised. 

As I have stated multiple times I mostly tune in and watch games while trying to stay beyond the fray so I have no idea about his personality.  Why do you say you are not surprised?

4 minutes ago, theguru said:

As I have stated multiple times I mostly tune in and watch games while trying to stay beyond the fray so I have no idea about his personality.  Why do you say you are not surprised?

Because he's a gigantic tool. 😂 Probably not completely his fault seeing as there have been so many people gassing him up because he can throw it hard. LOL

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TheDeuce said:

Ouch. Serious question, they are just now asking "why didn't he beat out Sean Clifford?" We are just a few weeks from the draft, lol.

The draft shows us if you have the measurables and are able to wow people with physical skills, NFL teams take the gamble. See Jamarcus Russell and countless other examples.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

Because he's a gigantic tool. 😂 Probably not completely his fault seeing as there have been so many people gassing him up because he can throw it hard. LOL

Is he a tool? I don't follow UK outside of watching games and not sure I'd recognize the dude without a helmet. He had toolish behavior his first couple years on the field - when I actually liked him more as a QB - but it seemed he lost some of that bravado for whatever reason this year. I thought his moxy was what made him. Didn't see that the past season.

6 minutes ago, bugatti said:

Is he a tool? I don't follow UK outside of watching games and not sure I'd recognize the dude without a helmet. He had toolish behavior his first couple years on the field - when I actually liked him more as a QB - but it seemed he lost some of that bravado for whatever reason this year. I thought his moxy was what made him. Didn't see that the past season.

Hard to have too much bravado when you're getting sacked all the time.